Electrical Engineer, Power Distribution
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
Your experience and knowledge will play a large role in what the design of multiple facilities will look like in the future. With your ideas and concepts, you will be a key asset to a growing team of innovative engineers, evolving into a very forward-thinking collection of minds. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
In addition to our current smart window technology, our engineering teams are developing enhanced product offerings, which means there are many future opportunities to come with View!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain high/medium/low voltage power distribution system including single lines, wiring schematics, and equipment specifications
- Review panel schedules and panel loading
- Develop electrical scope of work for contractor installation
- Estimate & bid documentation for various project work
- Coordinate work efforts for electrical contractors
- Review and specify electrical power requirements for new equipment
- Perform arc flash calculations utilizing SKM or e-tap, including fault current & coordination
- 10 years experience in an engineering related field
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering program.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience with large PVD coaters
- Experience in Laser Technology
- Understanding of computer network system
- PLC programming experience
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.