View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
We are looking for a talented BIM Modeler who will use Revit and Rhino3D to model the built environment for our product. This role will also involve implementing proprietary software configuration scripts for View control systems.
You should be comfortable creating and updating Revit and Rhino 3D building models, and willing to learn script processes required to configure enterprise class systems & services. You should enjoy collaboration with system designers to refine build, test, and release procedures across the organization.
The BIM Modeler will be an individual contributor. This individual will work closely with System Design, as well as Project Management, Field Operations, Software Engineering, and Sales, to ensure accuracy and continuous improvement of the View system design and product configuration process. You will also partner with our international 3D modeling team, by managing project deliverables and inspecting modeling work.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, proactive, and professional, with strong Revit skills, high technical acumen, and excellent work ethic. You are passionate and ambitious, enjoy the challenges of working in a dynamic environment, and comfortable with providing subject matter expertise.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as project manager for multiple on-going projects with varying scales and stakeholders
- Regularly produce and report Solar and Daylight study analyses
- Feed and extract data in and from models based on requests from different teams
- Ability to read and analyze architectural and trade sets (building drawings, elevations, sketches, etc.)
- Create, modify, and review Rhino3D Building Models from existing REVIT models or CADs
- Deploy customized software configuration scripts for View system elements (electrochromic glass, control panels, controllers, sensors, zones) at specific customer installations.
- Review and analyze changes made to system design in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, COLLADA or 3D Studio files and Rhino, and modify system configurations as necessary.
- Strong ability to interpret both user feedback and system data, leveraging deep knowledge of system to provide necessary corrective action
- Strong ability to understand technical material and document them in the appropriate format: SOP, Reference, Process, template, or any other format as required
- Build a culture of customer satisfaction based on operational excellence, big picture understanding, continuous improvement, and proactive thinking
- Provide detailed documentation of the services performed using internal systems and tools
- Provide detailed documentation of identified anomalies or defects using internal systems and tools; ability to assist engineering and product management team in assessing said anomalies.
- Routine professional communication directly with field, engineering, sales, internal, customer, and 3rd-party personnel, up to and including executive leadership, to solve problems at project sites
- Incorporate feedback for continuous improvement
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
1-3 years of related 3D modeling experience in REVIT and Rhino3D
- Degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, Computer Graphics, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Expertise in CAD, 3D Modeling, and BIM software (AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Grasshopper)
- Ability to learn scripting in RhinoPython, Grasshopper, and GHPython
- Understanding of electrical fundamentals as applied to buildings
- Familiarity with document control systems
- Technical ability to understand View’s detailed product and field installation details
- Strong computer literacy, with ability to use MS Office, computer applications, and electronic control systems
- Customer-focused with desire and ability to deliver customer satisfaction
- Able to multi-task and be responsive/flexible to field needs at relatively short notice
- Comfortable with high paced, engineering environment
- Practical understanding and mindset for continuous improvement and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and teach others
- Passion for solving dynamic challenges with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Degree from architecture, engineering program or related degree
- Familiarity with RhinoPython, Grasshopper, GHPython or other OOP would be ideal.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel will be required for remote employees to facilitate training and team engagement.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.