Process Engineer - Laser
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
We are looking for a Process Engineer to join our R&D team in Milpitas. Our team focuses on development and engineering of thin-film stack that results in our electrochromic device. As a Process Engineer, you will participate in the development of processes that are used to build the thin film stack, with a particular emphasis on laser processing, for the next generation products. At View, we have a strong emphasis on statistics-driven methods for experimental design and data analysis. You will be working closely with the team that assesses product durability and work directly with the technology team at our production facility in Olive Branch, MS to transfer the processes into high-volume manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of laser processes to improve electrochromic device performance.
- Maintenance of existing laser tools
- Participation in development of other aspects of electrochromic device process (such as, e.g., metrology, thin film deposition, glass cleaning)
- Interface with Operations and Durability teams on the fabrication and testing aspects
- Interface with the Production team on process transfer
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands on experience with laser tools is required; having experience with laser processing of thin films is preferred.
- Proficiency in typical thin-film materials characterization techniques is required.
- Experience with thin film deposition techniques, working knowledge of sputter deposition process is a plus.
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis methods (SPC, DOE, ANOVA) is strongly preferred; working knowledge of JMP is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Travel up to 20%
- MS or Ph.D. in Physics or Materials Science
- Both experienced professionals and new college graduated will be considered
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.