View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical well-being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
In this position, you will have ownership of the factory automation SCADA systems and Wonderware administration in our Olive Branch, MS factory and you will create/drive your own agenda to improve uptime and yield. You will report to the Sr. Manager of Systems Engineering. You will be working with a team of process engineers, other equipment engineers, IT staff, technicians, and operations staff to ramp production in our high-volume manufacturing facility, meaning you will be able to influence the building of future facilities. You will be able to make an impact from day one given the size of the team, and have your ideas heard and adopted. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the system administrator of the factory SCADA and data repository systems. Drive improvements to meet uptime, throughput, and yield goals through control systems enhancements
- Partner with process engineering and operations to test, approve, and track any equipment changes to ensure existing logic is robust for new configuration
- Be the primary interface with the equipment vendor for all the equipment related issues and upgrades
- Define requirements, design, test, deploy, and support new factory automation (both hardware and software)
- Expand current capabilities and configuration of Wonderware historian and data collection
- Develop and maintain system architecture diagrams and sequence diagrams
- Assist on-shift maintenance technicians for solving automation issues
- Create documentation (SOPs, troubleshooting guides, PM procedures) to support maintenance activities on the equipment
- Assist in the training of the maintenance staff to support the repair of the equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Wonderware administration experience is a must with experience using InTouch
- Understanding of and experience with SCADA systems and architecture development
- Experience developing scripts for administration, monitoring, notification
- Experience establishing monitoring capabilities for and troubleshooting enterprise-wide software applications
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Allen Bradley systems
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate industry best-practices for change management
- Ability to manage projects with a cross-functional team
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills to interface with vendors and to present designs for review
- BS degree in an IT-related field with 2+ years of experience or AS degree with 5+ years engineering experience
- Positive attitude and the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Wonderware certification (Developer or Integrator) preferred
- Prior experience in glass factory or semiconductor factory
- Understanding of computer network and database systems
- Previous startup experience
- Proficient in PLC programming and HMI development across multiple platforms including Rockwell, Mitsubishi, and Omron
- C++/C# programming experience
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.