Manager, Quality Assurance / Metrology
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
We are looking for an Area Manager to lead, support, and improve the Product Testing and Quality Group, which is internally known as the Metrology Group. The individual selected for this position will be a hands-on, on the floor, data and details oriented, leads by example type of leader. The individual will focus on safety and the effective utilization of the machine and human resources entrusted to him or her. The Area Manager is part of the factory senior leadership team. This high visibility position will be responsible for the planning and management of the day-to-day operations and activities that yield improved safety, higher throughput, higher uptime, higher production yield, and a lower production cost. The selected individual will work cross-functionally through the organization and will drive efforts for scaling in volume and quality, setting up systems and processes to fulfill the demand, and insuring production efficiency. You will be planning and driving technical solutions and innovations through process, people and technical leadership; applying your expertise to configure production systems to handle new dynamic products as well as maintaining the existing configurations throughout the product lifecycle. The selected individual will be expected to become knowledgeable of View’s manufacturing processes and constraints to be successful at delivering to goals. You will use your knowledge and strong leadership and collaboration skills to influence continuous improvement changes, driving consistency, and best practices.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety and quality
- A minimum of 5 years of experience at a Manager or Sr. Manager position in a heavy manufacturing environment with responsibility for supervisors and leads as direct reports.
- Team development
- Leadership development
- Planning, execution, and assessment
- Deep and commanding knowledge of lean and six sigma principles as it pertains to the evaluation and assessment of heavy manufacturing operations and the simplification of manufacturing processes via:
- Process reengineering
- Identification and elimination of sources of waste
- Analysis of current business processes for time traps and operational efficiencies
- Value stream mapping and improvement opportunities
- Root-cause analysis
- TAKT time / throughput improvement opportunities
- Tooling and process changes
- Experience leading sustainable efforts across the factory for process mapping, Kaizen, and quick hit projects from definition through execution.
- Selects and executes appropriate lean tools for a project or application including value stream mapping, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, JIT, Kanban, visual management, pull systems, DMAIC, PFMEA, root cause, 8D, and 5-why. Uses his/her knowledge, skills, and disposition to train others in the application of these tools.
- Knowledge of product data management (PDM) and product life cycle management (PLM) tools like Agile
- Familiar with new product introduction processes (prototype development, validation and release) and tools
- Ability to collaborate and work with a globally dispersed highly technical workforce
- Demonstrated acumen in utilizing management and engineering judgment and problem solving
- Must be results oriented and self-motivated, and have the aptitude to define operational requirements and design and implement processes and systems to support those requirements
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MS Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering degree;
- Lean/Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Project management experience
- 10-15 years heavy manufacturing experience
- Data analysis skills including excel, Minitab, JMP, pareto control charts, etc.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.