Process Engineer (Flat glass processing)
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
View is seeking a Process Engineer with a background in glass processing for architectural applications for employment in its high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. This facility is producing revolutionary electrochromic insulated glass units for use in commercial and residential windows.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and improve Quality and Yield of multiple flat glass processing steps (e.g. Tempering, Lamination, Cutting, Edge Grinding)
- Work with Operations and Maintenance teams to improve Throughput, Uptime of multiple flat glass processing steps
- Determining and implementing best in class glass processing processes for flat glass processing.
- Optimize single unit operations (e.g. Tempering, Lamination, Cutting, Edge Grinding)
- Understand and optimize interactions between upstream and downstream processes
- Drive continuous improvement programs for performance improvements
- Troubleshooting process, hardware and software issues and driving design improvements for the same
- Training and monitoring production personnel on proper production techniques and policies
- Improving existing products, new product development and R&D
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field and 5+ years’ experience in architectural glass and/or automotive glass manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge of glass Tempering. Theoretical understanding of tempering process and practical experience in setting up equipment and recipes, running Tempering equipment and monitoring the process is required
- In-depth knowledge of Lamination process. Theoretical understanding of lamination process and practical experience in setting up equipment and recipes, running Lamination equipment and monitoring the process is required
- Knowledge of Glass quality inspection methods and standards
- Knowledge of Glass cutting, edge grinding/finishing equipment and processes
- Proven troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot process and equipment issues based on first principles
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule
- Self-motivated team player with ability to influence others and work within cross-functional teams
- Flexibility with respect to job functions and working hours in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.