Software Engineer, Back-End
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
View is seeking a driven Backend Software Engineer to join our IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
Backend Software Engineer at View often work across teams and need to be ready and willing to learn about details of different subject matters that comprise the product stack. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers. We are looking for the ability to understand the View product and data pipeline as an end-to-end system including the software and devices to develop solutions that are robust and scalable. We value a self-starting mentality that works across disciplines and gets things done.
- Develop data pipelines from 3rd-party sources and our Cloud using Restful queries or other methods
- Perform data aggregation based on product requirements
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Write documentation for data flows using graph and visualization tools
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and test data flows using Airflow and Google Cloud
- Work closely with multiple teams and communicate through video, chat, and emails
- Develop in rapid cycles
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 0+ years’ experience
- General Programming Skills
- Software Design, Debugging, and Testing
- Detailed Documentation
- Excellent Communication
- Software Development Process
- Strong understanding of data extraction, transforming, and loading
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of NoSQL
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Test-Driven development
- Familiar with Git or Subversion
- Familiar with Linux
Good to have skills:
- 3+ years’ experience
- Cloud knowledge on one of these: Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Azure
- Data Processing and Analytics
- Big Data
- A Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or in the related field.
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.