Technical Support Engineer
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsession
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
- Receive technically complex customer issues and maintain ownership of issue and customer communication until resolved completely.
- Interact with DevOps and Engineering as needed to resolve critical customer escalations.
- Act as technical lead, mentor, and role model on a team of engineers; provide direction to others, review solutions and articles, etc. Mentor new Support Engineers.
- Develop and deliver technical training to other support engineers.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- Build support lab environment to reproduce, analyze and test customer issues and fixes in real-time
- Report software bugs and customer suggestions.
- Write complex technical articles, sample scripts and diagnostic rules to improve engineer and customer product knowledge and supportability.
- Monitor alerts/alarms raised by monitoring tools for customer deployment; do the initial diagnosis and create tickets as done for customer-reported issues
- Participate in on-call rotation after business hours (weekday/weekend)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Customer Support
- Prior experience with support calls with US based customers
- Solid hands-on working knowledge must include a combination of:
- Networking – Firewalls, Routing/Switching/VLANs, Proxies/ Load Balancers, TCP/IP, WAN & LAN Protocols, DHCP, DNS
- Read and analyze network traces
- Virtualization and containers – VMware, Hyper-V, Docker, OpenStack
- Cloud knowledge – AWS, Azure
- Logging systems – Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Scripting with Python
- Strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and interact with cross-functional groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a MUST
- Networking certifications CCNP or JNCIP and QA experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE or related field
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.