Sr. Instructional Designer
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
We are looking for a professional Instructional Designer to collaborate with designing and developing our learning and practicing programs. This position will identify the performance, skills, knowledge, and information gaps of a targeted audience and create, select and/or suggest learning experiences to fill this gap.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead content design project teams.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs.
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous working experience in instructional design for 5 years
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Story-boarding)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar relevant field required, Master’s preferred.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.