View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical well being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
At View you will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet or exceed the stringent reliability requirements of the industry. Through understanding of the drivers and mechanism of long-term performance degradation, you will define the changes to materials and processes needed to improve performance. You will be challenged to devise testing equipment and methods, design and execute testing, analyze and interpret results, translate learning into immediate actionable items, and monitor performance of the implemented changes.
- Drive durability testing and characterization of View generated products through management of sample testing, subsequent metrology, and finally analysis of metrology results
- Root cause failure analysis of field returns or samples from accelerated testing, and translation of this analysis into actionable recommendations for production
- Design of testing procedures to probe new materials or reliability concerns
- Documentation and communication of results
- Travel (<15% of time) to field sites or the View R&D facility
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in physical sciences or engineering
- Bachelors degree and 5+ yrs. experience, will consider advanced degree for yrs of experience.
- Detail orientated, with strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Familiarity with SPC, DOE, ANOVA, and other statistical methods
- Knowledge of thin film characterization techniques (TEM, SEM, XPS, XRD etc.)
- Knowledge of Sputtering / Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) process
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with reliability and durability testing
- Experience in glass coating, semiconductor, solar, disc drive media or similar industries
- Knowledge of coding languages, such as Python, Matlab, C/C++, VBA, and Databases such as SQL
- Certification as a reliability engineer
- Familiarity with SAS-JMP, Minitab or similar statistical packages
- Experience with electrochemical techniques
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.