Our mission is to Create Delightful Human Environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has revitalized something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world, real estate.
View is a technology company creating smart and connected buildings to improve people’s health and wellness, while simultaneously reducing energy consumption to mitigate the effects of climate change. View is the market leader in smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by reducing headaches, eyestrain, and drowsiness. Every View installation includes a 'smart building platform' that consists of power, network, and communication infrastructure. For more information, please visit view.com
If you have ever dreamed of changing the world to make it a better place - join us!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
VIEW IS URGENTLY HIRING CAREER-ORIENTED CANDIDATES FOR 12 HOUR SHIFTS.
View is seeking experienced Machine Operators for employment in its manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The facility produces revolutionary, electrochromic, insulated glass units for installation in commercial and residential windows. Only candidates who are flexible to work multiple/various assigned shifts should apply.
The Machine Operator is responsible for producing quality electrochromic, insulated glass units by operating, monitoring, and adjusting glass processing equipment, including glass handling, cutting, grinding, tempering, cleaning, coating, scribing, and packaging machines. The successful candidate must work 12-hour shifts, wear required PPE that can weigh up to 11lbs, and be able to lift up to 100lbs with a partner (50lbs individually).
This is a rare opportunity to excel within a Silicon Valley start-up company. Candidates with experience as a production lead and/or supervisors are strongly preferred. Potential to earn up high-paying quarterly bonuses and benefits effective day one.
- Transferring optimal glass processing methods from Milpitas, CA pilot line facility to Olive Branch, MS high volume manufacturing plant;
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts while wearing required PPE
- Maintaining production line operations by operating equipment, solving production process problems, making equipment adjustments, reporting production and quality data and referring unresolved issues to the supervisor;
- Achieving or surpassing established production standards;
- Preparing glass processing equipment by making setup adjustments and assisting with changeovers;
- Documenting glass production processes by completing logs, calculating statistics, and noting the receipt, flow and return of materials;
- Maintaining quality standards by conducting first-piece and line-clearance inspections
- Preparing trainees for production responsibilities by demonstrating operating procedures
- Observing safety rules at all times and reporting unsafe acts and conditions to supervisor
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of production operations experience;
- Be a highly-motivated, team-player with a positive attitude who is also excited about learning new skills and assisting with various projects and assignments as necessary;
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance;
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective production of goods;
- Ability to physically push, pull and lift up to 100 pounds with a partner, up to 12 hours a day;
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts while wearing required PPE;
- Ability to read gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure proper machine operation;
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job roles and working hours;
- Working knowledge and understanding of, MSDS, lock-out/tag-out, and OSHA requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with production staff.
High school diploma / GED / DD214 or equivalent work experience is required.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.