Senior Equipment Engineer - Physical Vapor Deposition
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical well-being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
In this position, you will have ownership of the Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) equipment in our Olive Branch, MS factory and you will create/drive your own agenda to improve equipment uptime and yield. This is the largest coater in the world, so the opportunity is unique! You will be working with a team of process engineers, other equipment engineers, technicians, and operations staff to ramp production in our high-volume manufacturing facility, meaning you will be able to influence the building of future facilities. You will be able to make an impact from day one given the size of the team, and have your ideas heard and adopted. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the engineering owner of PVD systems and sub-systems (pumps, cryos, chillers, on-board metrology). Drive improvements to PVD systems to meet uptime, throughput, and yield goals through equipment and process enhancements.
- Partner with process engineering and operations to test, approve, and track any equipment changes.
- Be the primary interface with the equipment vendor for all the equipment related issues and upgrades.
- Characterize failure modes and frequency of failure for equipment and develop PM schedules to prevent unplanned downs
- Develop a robust and cost-effective spare parts strategy for equipment
- Assist on-shift maintenance technicians for solving equipment issues
- Create documentation (SOPs, troubleshooting guides, PM procedures) to support maintenance activities on the equipment
- Assist in the training of the maintenance staff to support the repair of the equipment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hands on experience with PC and PLC controlled machinery.
- Hands on experience with servo controls, VFDs, Barcode Scanners, Temperature controllers, Analog instrumentation.
- Experience with high vacuum equipment (roughing pumps, turbos) and vacuum technology
- Experience with high voltage power supplies (both A/C and D/C)
- Knowledge of fieldbus networks: DeviceNet, Can-Bus, CC-Link, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude with ability to understand and read schematics and effectively troubleshoot problems with equipment.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with vendors and to present designs for review.
- Prior experience supporting high volume production environment in equipment engineering role
- BS degree in Engineering and 5+ years of experience or AS degree with 10+ years of directly-related experience.
- Positive attitude and the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in glass factory.
- Understanding of computer network systems
- Familiar with Mitsubishi PLCs and programming software.
- Experience in rapid growth companies
- Proficient in PLC programming and HMI development across multiple platforms including Rockwell, Mitsubishi, and Omron
- C++/C# programming experience
View, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.