Machine Operator -Metrology
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical well being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
View is seeking experienced Machine Operators for employment in its first high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The facility produces revolutionary, electrochromic, insulated glass units for installation in commercial and residential windows.
These positions will be on 12 Hour rotating Shift. Prefer candidates who are flexible to work multiple/various assigned shifts.
The Machine Operator is responsible for producing quality electrochromic, insulated glass units by operating, monitoring and adjusting glass processing equipment, including glass handling, cutting, grinding, tempering, cleaning, coating, scribing and packaging machines.
This is a rare opportunity to excel within a Silicon Valley start-up company. These positions will be eligible for stock options. Candidates with experience as production leads and/or supervisors are strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining production line operations by operating equipment, solving production process problems, making equipment adjustments, reporting production and quality data and referring unresolved issues to the supervisor
- Achieving or surpassing established production standards
- Preparing glass processing equipment by making setup adjustments and assisting with changeovers
- Documenting glass production processes by completing logs, calculating statistics, and noting the receipt, flow and return of materials
- Maintaining quality standards by conducting first-piece and line-clearance inspections
- Preparing trainees for production responsibilities by demonstrating operating procedures
- Observing safety rules at all times and reporting unsafe acts and conditions to supervisor
- Keeping work areas clean, orderly and free of obstruction
- Inspecting equipment parts to assure conformance to specifications
- Servicing equipment as required (i.e. adding grease, lubricant, coolant, etc.)
- Completing production, productivity, inspection, downtime and safety reports
MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer) and basic computer skills
- Performing additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors and managers.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of production operations experience
- Be a highly-motivated, team-player with a positive attitude who is also excited about learning new skills and assisting with various projects and assignments as necessary
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective production of goods
- Ability to physically push, pull and lift heavy loads up to 12 hours a day
- Ability to read gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure proper machine operation
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
High tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job roles and working hours
- Working knowledge and understanding of, MSDS, lock-out/tag-out, and OSHA requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with production staff
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience as a production lead/supervisor in a manufacturing environment
5+ years of production operations experience, particularly in high volume manufacturing
- Experience in a glass manufacturing or processing industry
- Experience in glass coating, semiconductor, disc drive or similar industries
- High school diploma or equivalent combined with required production operations experience is required
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.