Equipment Engineer: Laser Systems
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be the engineering equipment owner of Laser Systems. Drive improvements to Laser equipment to meet uptime, throughput, and yield goals through equipment and process enhancements.
• Partner with process engineering and operations to test, approve, and track any equipment changes.
• Be the primary interface with the equipment vendor for all the equipment related issues and upgrades.
• Characterize failure modes and frequency of failure for equipment and develop PM schedules to prevent unplanned downs
• Develop a robust and cost-effective spare parts strategy for equipment
• Assist 24x7 maintenance technicians for solving equipment issues when escalation needs arise
• Create documentation (SOPs, troubleshooting guides, PM procedures) to support operations and maintenance activities on the equipment
• Assist in the training of the maintenance staff to support the repair of the equipment
• Improve the equipment by developing and implementing cooling, focus, motion, and PLC enhancements
Required Skills and Experience:
• Positive attitude and the ability to function in a highly dynamic environment
• Highly motivated and detail oriented
• BS degree in Engineering and 5+ years of laser equipment experience
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude with ability to understand and read schematics
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience troubleshooting Laser process equipment
• Ability to work independently and self-lead by identifying and resolving issues
• Hands on experience with servo-controlled X-Y-Z robotics, PC and PLC controlled machinery
• Knowledge of various type of visible and IR laser systems used for film removal
• Excellent communication skills to interface with vendors and to present
designs for review to management
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Prior experience with laser scanners, open beam path alignments
• Prior experience supporting high volume production environment in equipment engineering role
• Understanding of computer network systems
• Startup experience
• PLC programming experience
• C++/C# programming experience
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.