Production Manager, Night Shift Operations
View’s mission is to create delightful human environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views and enhance mental and physical well-being by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View’s windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View’s windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
We are looking for a Production Manager to lead, manage, support, and improve the factory operations during the night shifts. The position requires the ability to work on a rotational shift schedule with a high degree of dependability. The position reports to the VP of Operations and will be part of the factory leadership team. The individuals selected for this position will manage the factory operations and will direct the actions and assign priorities for the production, maintenance, packing/warehouse supervisors, IT, and security personnel during the assigned 12-hour shift. Initially, the work hours will be 0800PM to 0800AM on a B and D shift schedule. Position will be eligible for a 10% shift differential and the perfect attendance bonus.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Production Manager will be responsible for escalations for engineering or technical support required to maintain a high production tempo and factory throughput. Production Manager key responsibilities are:
- Safety and site security
- Practicing, enhancing, and strengthening the View Culture values and beliefs
- Leading by example; no compromises or shortcuts
- Enforcement of company policies and production expectations
- WIP planning and management
- Yield losses/scrap management
- Staffing and personnel utilization/efficiency; shift personnel management; training and development
- Equipment uptime
- Equipment throughput
- Material utilization
- Cross-functionality and collaboration
- Performance reporting
Critical Success Factors for the position
- Demonstrated safety and quality focus
- Communicates clearly and directly; enforces policies and procedures
- Team development
- Leadership development
- Planning, execution, and assessment
- Demonstrated acumen in utilizing management and engineering judgment and problem solving
- Must be results oriented and self-motivated and have the aptitude to define operational requirements and design and implement processes and systems to support those requirements.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of experience at a Supervisor or Manager position in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- BS/MS in Management or Engineering – professional experience may be accepted in lieu of formal education.
- Experience with data analysis including excel, Minitab, JMP, pareto control charts, etc.
- Uncompromised work ethic and unquestionable commitment to the View culture and growth goals.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.