Mining Sales Specialist - North Central Mexico
Since 1919, Victaulic has led the industry and continues to grow our outside sales team. At Victaulic, we don’t sit back and enjoy success. We move forward and strive to grow.
Victaulic, the global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations, has the most tenured, largest and best-trained sales team in the industry. We continue to add high-powered sales representatives to our organization, and help them build a successful career with an industry leader.
Victaulic sales representatives are out on the road every day, meeting with valued customers, visiting job sites and building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure continued success. Our sales team consists of team players who are self-starters with strong problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude and a drive to succeed and communicate effectively with a diverse customer base.
The Mining Sales Specialist will focus on developing business in a given territory for all of the company's engineered products and solutions by calling on mining operations in North Central Mexico.
This position covers mining customers in North Central Mexico. It is a remote position. The successful candidate will already be living in Chihuahua. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and have experience in the mining industry.
Please include CV in English.
- Understand the construction cycle and successfully influences decision-makers to maximize sales potential
- Successfully launch Victaulic's innovative new products into the territory boosting market transition to new technologies
- Develop an annual business plan in conjunction with sales manager to support opportunity mapping, company sales goals, strategies and forecasts
- Develop and implement suitable promotion plans, with the help and approval of sales manager, such as group presentations, Lunch and Learn presentations, training seminars, branch visits and installation tours
- Develop a complete understanding of products and solutions
- Maintain a 'hands on' presence at job sites for training, ensure proper installation and report lessons learned to improve future construction efforts
- Find and follow major construction, expansion or retrofit projects with Victaulic sales potential
- Execute all phases of project pursuit and project management to secure purchase order ' from project inception through design, specifications, drawings, bidding phase, jobsite training and support, final commissioning and after-sale follow up
- Communicate and coordinate activities with regional market specialists, other sales representatives and any other Victaulic representatives who could influence or have any dealings with the project or account
- Manage a balanced distribution network
- Develop and maintain lasting industry relationships with clients, prospects and distributors
- Remain attuned to market trends and competitor activity
- Comply with pricing guidelines or make recommendations for special pricing for sales manager's approval
- Continuously improve customers' written specifications for Victaulic products
- Gain complete information for all quotation requisitions including application, specification, pricing and timing requirements
- Maintain current knowledge and job skills - advising management of any training needs
- Lead inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure good teamwork to meet customer requirements
- Participate in workgroup meetings and strive for continuous work improvement
- Report on activities, progress, market information, and new ideas
- Integrate into local trade organizations and professional associations ' strive to become part of the fabric of the industry within the respective territory
- Track and report expenses and other relevant data as appropriate or as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Previous sales experience selling 'value added' products/services; preferably related to the mining industry, PVF industry (pipes, valves, fittings) or mechanical products;
- Demonstrated achievements in sales
- Ability to develop and nurture long standing relationships
- Solid project management skills
- Self-motivated, confident
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Problem solver; resourceful, creative thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional image
- Willing to travel overnight as required by the position and territory
- Team player
- Competitive, flexible and resilient by nature
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to work in a virtual setting with minimal supervision
- Affable, engaging personality
- Ability to occasionally lift 50+ pounds
- Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions such as snow, heat, mud, rain
- Willing to travel extensively throughout the region as needed.
- Must speak English fluently