Mid Night Shift Machine Shop Supervisor
Victaulic Company of Canada is seeking a Mid Night Shift Machine Shop Supervisor for their facility in Richmond Hill which will be relocating to Brampton close to end of 2020.
Reporting to Manager of Machine Shop, this position requires an experienced, energetic, and detail-focused individual that wants to be a part of a growing team and company.
The ideal candidate should have previous supervisory experience and have a minimum 7-10 years metal machining experience on Horizontal Mills or Lathes. Candidate should have the drive, organizational and leadership skills required to lead a dedicated small team of 5 – 10 CNC Machinists and Assembly personnel. A hands-on working supervisor will run a machine few hours every day and perform other supervision related task remaining of the day.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assign tasks to the Team of Machine operators and assemblers as required by schedule.
- Attend production meeting at least once a week and work closely with Planners and other shift supervisors to implement the daily schedule.
- Oversee all personnel issues including performance, employee relation issues and disciplinary process in conjunction with company policies and management.
- Ensure operators perform tasks efficiently, safely and meet production standards.
- Responsible to check Quality of work in progress for all machines on their shift.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide training or guidance to other machinists as required.
- Capable of setting up and operating Horizontal mills and or Lathes for half of shift.
- Work with the programmer and machinists to develop efficient programs.
- Work closely with Quality department to ensure conformance of parts.
- Complete labor reporting in ADP system.
- Perform Toolbox Talks and maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with all Health & Safety regulations
- Check tooling requirements and communicate to day shift supervisor to reorder.
- Take part in Lean Manufacturing activities.
- Perform any additional duties per manager’s direction.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Completion of college/post-secondary education or Machinist trade certificate will be an asset.
- 7-10 years of CNC machine setup and operating experience, preferably with Castings combined with 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory role.
- Experience with Okuma and Fanuc Controls
- Strong knowledge of machining drawings and GD&T
- High attention to detail and superior knowledge of machine drawings
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing will be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- A working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Industrial Regulations and the Employment Standards Act
- Knowledge of Mastercam will be an asset
- Develop machine setups and expedite the setup process.