Quality Assurance Auditor - Easton, PA
Come join a global leader in pipe joining solutions!
Victaulic has what you’re looking for – career opportunity, professional development, excellent benefits, and a collaborative work environment. Our people are our best asset, so we take care of them.
RESPONSIBILITIES to include but not limited to:
- Understand and abide by all Company safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ensure that safe and sanitary working conditions are maintained in the facility in accordance with Company standards, as well as, state & federal laws and regulations. Know and understand your OSHA rights. Conduct safety training topics as required or needed. Responsible for attending all assigned safety meetings, toolbox talks, and safety training sessions. As required, promptly investigate accidents and near misses, completing appropriate reports and taking action to eliminate root causes.
- Conduct internal audits of processes and procedures in accordance with process control standards and specifications.
- Develop and maintain foundry control plans and other controlled documents as required.
- Further develop and maintain pattern measurement system. Ensure pattern and casting measurements are scheduled and performed as required. Identify and communicate issues with nonconforming casting/pattern measurements.
- Instruct hourly personnel on proper use of computer systems to view and record data for job histories, requirement for jobs, hot inspection checks, etc.
- Instruct hourly personnel on proper use of measuring equipment.
- Work with foundry operations to communicate and implement PER corrective actions. Monitor and measure corrective actions for effectiveness.
- Initiate and submit SCARs to vendors/suppliers.
- Work with casting processors to maintain quality standards.
- Actively participate in Scrap Reduction Program (SRP) by performing SRP and preproduction audits as required.
- Reduce scrap through testing, evaluations, and analysis.
- Participate in Regulatory Compliance audits.
- Possess the authority to make disposition on and release product to next process including release to customer.
- High School and/or technical trade school graduate.
- Knowledge of measuring equipment, i.e., calipers, height gauges, micrometers, Pi Tapes.
- Foundry experience and related problem-solving skills beneficial.
- Knowledge of Victaulic products/specifications preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computer-based software and systems (MSWord®, Excel®, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Foundry practices required.
- Willing to work off shifts (and weekends when necessary).
- Understanding of SPC data/charts and how to interpret them preferred.
- Knowledge of basic blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing.
- Possess strong communication and team building skills.
Benefits effective on first day of employment:
- Life Insurance
- 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement (effective 6 months after hire)