Fabrication Facility Engineer - Co Op Northeastern University
Victaulic 2019 Co- Op
FABRICATION FACILITY ENGINEER
Reports to: Pre- Fabrication Manager
Based in Easton, PA
Since our first patent in 1919, Victaulic has been the originator and world's leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions. Used in the most demanding markets, Victaulic innovative piping technologies and services put people to work faster while increasing safety, ensuring reliability and maximizing efficiency. The company has 13 manufacturing facilities and 28 branches worldwide with 3,600 employees who speak 43 languages across the globe. With over 1800 active global patents, Victaulic solutions are at work in more than 120 countries across diverse business lines including oil and gas, chemical, mining, power generation, water and wastewater treatment, military and marine, as well as commercial building and fire protection.
Victaulic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Abide by all company safety rules, regulations, and policies. Ensure that safe and sanitary working conditions are maintained. Conduct safety training topics as required or needed.
Responsible for attending/leading all assigned safety meetings, toolbox talks, and safety training sessions. As required, promptly investigate accidents and near misses, completing appropriate reports and taking action to eliminate root causes.
Develop solutions to a variety of complex and sometimes unusual problems that require independent judgement and ingenuity to modify procedure standards related to plant layout, design and construction.
Work is completed under general direction and completed work is reviewed for results.
Acts as primary contact for local facilities project activities and leads project reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance.
Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans, budgets, schedules.
Identifies problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope.
May coordinate the work of employees assigned to the project.
Coordinate with Fab Manager and teams to maintain quality of all work process systems.
Analyze all root causes for all fabrication issues and resolve.
May assist Corporate Fabrication Engineer for customer site visits for support and customer resolution for all: fabrication deliveries, installations, and tech support as needed.
Participate in the ongoing improvement and enhancement of existing processes.
Take leadership role in benchmarking and identifying best-practices globally. Assist in documentation of standard work and training.
Assist with the development and implementation of new processes related to fabrication. This includes the introduction of new manufacturing facilities, suppliers, or distribution locations to the existing supply chain.
Work cross-functionally to ensure that all business processes standardized across all locations.
Maintain quality for all fabrication from conceptualization to implementation and assist with inspection of any outside services.
Ensure our FEM program is implemented and all total productive maintenance programs are in place and schedules are followed
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Personal Attributes):
- BS Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or other equivalent Engineering degree.
- Communicate effectively using electronic media and in written and verbal forms. Make telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and make formal presentations to small or large groups
- Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, with minimal supervision. Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Motivated to stay abreast of the latest technology in the Facilities and Manufacturing fields.
- Willingness to accept assignments of all types which may include frequent travel and relocation.
- In-depth knowledge of materials planning computer systems required (BPCS or M3 preferred).
- Ability to work alternative schedules to support project requirements, i.e, weekends, off-shifts, etc.
- Familiar with all types of machinery, mechanical equipment, construction material, types of construction methods, and construction equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in Process Improvement, metric development, and problem-solving is required.
- Strong analytical problem solving ability required.
- Travel up to 25% to Houston or Kansas City facilities.