Structural Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Position: Structural Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Location: Victaulic - Charlotte, NC
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION**
Since 1919, Victaulic has led the industry and continues to grow our engineering team. At Victaulic, we don't sit back and enjoy success. We move forward and strive to grow.
Victaulic, the global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations is the market leader in providing engineered solutions to our customers piping needs. We continue to add high-powered engineers to our organization and help them build a successful career with an industry leader.
Victaulic piping system engineers are providing customer solutions every day, interfacing with valued customers and our sales force, as well as providing the engineering that optimizes our products' capabilities. Our engineering
team consists of team players who are self-starters with strong problem-solving skills, an interest in working on a variety of types of projects and a drive to succeed and communicate effectively with a diverse customer base.
Responsible for providing structural and seismic engineering calculations and pipe system support designs.
1. Review customer system requirements and offer Victaulic product solutions for piping system design needs.
2. Provide structural, seismic and other calculations.
3. Design pipe support products such as pipe anchors, skids, guides, bracing, small structures such as skids, etc.
4. Identify and assist in the development of new products.
5. Visit field installations to assist customers in using Victaulic products and optimizing performance.
6. Provide general support to sales organization including creating, organizing and conducting technical seminars.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering with 5-10 years structural engineering design experience.
2. P.E. License (Professional Engineer) required, S.E. License (Structural Engineer) preferred.
3. Knowledge of seismic codes and requirements.
4. Project Management in building construction.
5. Experience in the design and build process or work experience with an EPC.
6. Experience with drafting software such as AutoCAD.
7. Experience with structural analysis software such as STAAD
8. Requires excellent communication skills
9. Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
10. Ability to travel 15%