The Controls and Actuation Sales Specialist will focus on developing multi market business in the Toronto area for all of the company's engineered products and solutions by calling on engineering firms, owners, mechanical contractors and will support the local Victaulic distributors. This position requires some commitment to overnight travel, estimated at 10-15%.
- Develop a strategic plan in conjunction with the RSM and BVSM to target key opportunities and accounts that will result in achieving sales goals and improving specification position for Victaulic/ TA. Focus will be on globe style valves, coil components, technical aspects of the product line, and removal of competitive products from engineering specifications.
- The Strategy must include goals & objectives that are quantitative and measurable.
- Financial goals must show aggressive growth.
- Responsibility for implementation of the strategy and increasing product penetration at the engineering, owner and contractor level. An account/ product acceptance matrix will be maintained for all of these accounts and reviewed with the RSM and BVSM on a regular basis.
- Plan implementation will be project focused and driven by the Regional Balancing Specialist. Will be responsible for effective communication and coordination of activities with others in the region as required.
- Develop a strong understanding of system design, major equipment function, plan reading, Victaulic/ TA balancing component applications, project design cycle, competitive products, competitive selling points, technical verbiage, and BV market trends in the territory.
- Build relationships with all influences and decision makers at the highest levels of each account to maximize Victaulic/ TA product sales and specification potential on all opportunities. This will include joining all pertinent local associations and attending chapter meetings and social events on a regular basis.
- Presentations will be done for these associations, mechanical engineers, and owners on a regular basis to promote the Victaulic/ TA balancing concept.
- Become the technical expert on balancing, hydronic trouble shooting, and project take offs in the area. Minimum of five take offs and quotes, or BOM conversions, done per week. New construction opportunities will be quoted pre-bid. The project quotes and prioritization will be done in conjunction with the RSM and local TM.
- All activities will be documented and meet reporting requirements as defined by Victaulic management.
- Be able to balance a HVAC System.
Desired Skills & Experience
- College graduate with degree in engineering or business.
- At least 5 years experience in outside sales related to construction and mechanical products. Knowledge of hydronic balancing systems/equipment and the ability to read and interpret hydronic system design plans is preferred.
- Must have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and present a professional image. Well versed in Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word.
- Very strong organizational and problem solving skills; above average mechanical aptitude required.
- Team player that is competitive, flexible and self-motivated.
- Willingness to travel. Overnight travel expected at about 10-15%.