Piping System Design Engineering Manager- Houston, TX
Position: Piping Systems Design Engineering Manager
Location: Victaulic Houston, TX - Office location
Reports to: Director of Product Development - Piping Movement Design
Victaulic, the world leader in Mechanical Pipe Joining systems, has an exciting new opportunity available due to growth and expansion in our Piping Movement Design Group. Not only will you use your piping design experience to help customers model the company's products in our piping systems, you will also have the opportunity to design new products, visit customers and jobsites, and provide seminars and training. If sitting at your computer running calculations every day is getting old, this may be the position for you!
As a Victaulic Piping Systems Design Engineering Manager, you will help to develop and grow a team of Piping System Design Engineers who will: review customer system requirements and offer product solutions for piping system design needs, provide thermal movement, anchor load and other calculations, and design structural components, such as pipe supports and skids. The Piping System Design Engineers will identify and assist in the development of new products and visit field installations to assist customers in using Victaulic's products and optimizing performance. Finally, they will provide general support to the Victaulic sales organization including creating, organizing and conducting technical seminars.
Critical Job Segments:
1. Review customer system design requirements and offer Victaulic product solutions for piping motion control needs, i.e. thermal movement accommodation, seismic movement, and vibration attenuation.
2. Management of Personnel in Victaulic's Piping Movement Design Group ' Houston Office
3. Assist customers with modifying their drawings to incorporate the Victaulic solutions.
4. Assist customers with product selection and engineering calculations for piping motion control solutions
5. Demonstrate value to customers by offering solutions that save time, money, space, or other benefits that exceed what alternative methods provide.
6. Activities include staffing, work forecasting and planning, training, employees assignments to project teams. Develop work practice/procedures for the Victaulic Piping Movement Design Group.
7. Identify and assist in the development of new piping motion control products.
8. Identify and obtain testing, certifications, approvals which would improve Victaulic products acceptance or competitive advantage in the market- place.
9. Represent Victaulic on major industry organization committees and codes and standards committees for seismic and/or vibration attenuation. Attend regular meetings, and report back to Engineering, Sales and Product Management on current issues. Influence the direction of issues through your direct participation.
10. Investigate field installations as to product usage and performance. Keep Sales Management, Product Directors and Engineers up to date on trends or current issues.
11. Provide general support to sales organization including creating, organizing and conducting technical seminars.
12. Perform technical literature creation and review related to piping motion control, seismic applications and/or vibration attenuation.
13. Continually update personal knowledge of Victaulic products, competitive products, and piping markets.
14. Perform additional related projects as assigned by the Director of Product Development ' Piping Movement Design.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10-20 years pipe system design experience.
2. P.E. License
3. Project Management in building construction
4. Experience in the design and build process or work experience with an EPC.
5. Working knowledge of Caesar II Stress Analysis program or other Stress Analysis Programs
6. Experience in various areas of piping motion control such as thermal expansion, seismic movement, vibration accommodation, anchor design and building load calculations.
7. Desire to be in a Leadership/ Supervisory role.
8. Requires excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
9. Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
10. Willingness to travel up to 15%.
11. Self-motivation and desire to excel.
Department Manager, Section Manager, Piping Engineering Leader, Piping Engineer Supervisor, Piping Stress Analysis Engineer, Mechanical Section Manager
Interested candidates; Please contact Corporate Recruiter '