The Assembly Team Leader is responsible for leading the shift production operation in accordance with work instructions, company policy and safety regulations to ensure a quality product is safely manufactured.
- Supervise Assembly operations in specific cells per production macro plan efficiently, per company policies and safety procedures
- Provide technical support, training, participate in performance reviews and communicating department goals and expectations – ensure training requirements are met and maintained
- Conduct department meetings/Tool Box Talks to ensure effective 2-way communication with employees - maintaining a high morale workplace
- Ensure all safety standards as required by law and company policy are adhered to. Act as a role model for health and safety by visibly demonstrating a commitment to a safety-first environment
- Support all Lean initiatives, FEM actions and ISO requirements
- Responsible for inventory accuracy in processing production Shop Orders and storing of materials.
- Support cycle counts of inventory
- Responsible for department assets and equipment – report equipment issues and maintain good housekeeping practices
- Interact with different departments as needed
- Complete time sheets on a weekly basis
- Ensure all job related / orientation training is provided and maintained.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENT:
The wearing of appropriate safety equipment as described below is a condition of employment and not one of choice. Safety equipment that must be worn while performing job responsibilities are as follows:
- Safety shoes (Met-guard type)
- Hearing protection
- Safety glasses
EDUCATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- Experience / interest in a leadership role
- Good technical experience and knowledge of assembly practices / tools.
- Ability to read drawings and work instructions
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometers, pi tapes, calipers and other gauges
- Good computer skills; proficient in MS Office
- Good verbal communication skills, organizational and delegation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation, guidelines and standards pertaining to machining and assembly industries
- Past experience in Lean Manufacturing principles is an asset