Product Manager - Engineering
Product Manager - Engineering (VicFlex) (Flexible Piping Systems)
Victaulic Corporate Engineering Dept. Easton, PA
**RELOCATION PACKAGE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION**
Develop product and market strategies for driving global growth and profitability of the VicFlex™ product line. Expand the business with new and revitalized products and lead cross-functional teams through the Product Development Process.
- Develop plans and programs for flexible piping systems which achieve desired business goals - sales, profit, vitality index, market share, competitive positioning, etc
- Lead the efforts to identify opportunities for value added development opportunities and serve as a champion to bring them to market. Direct and oversee initiatives and projects to revitalize existing product lines as agreed upon with the Product Development team.
- Coordinate all components of product development programs in conjunction with Project Management and Technology Management
- Drive the development of an Intellectual Property Strategy for new and existing products
- Attend and present at Product Development Council meetings on a regular basis
- Monitor market intelligence and competitive landscape
- Monitor product profit margins, recommend pricing changes and investments as necessary to achieve desired margin objectives
- Develop product training for new product introductions
- Provide interface between marketing, engineering, operations, and sales, as necessary
- Manage product portfolio through the full product lifecycle
- Specific policies and procedures have been established by the Engineering Department to provide for the security and accessibility of electronic data and confidential information. It is the responsibility of the employee, in the daily course of doing business.
- Education Required: Technical BS required; MBA desirable
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years related project or product management and industrial market experience. Experience in the fire protection market is a plus.
- Leadership ' Ability to lead through influence in a matrix environment
- High Customer Orientation ' Recognition and credibility with the customer as a trusted, collaborative and productive partner. Understands what it takes to win in the marketplace
- New Product Development ' Demonstrated track record of growing/extending existing product lines and the commercialization of new products
- Financial Aptitude ' Possesses strong business acumen and proficiency with necessary tools (i.e. NPV's, Excel, Scheduling software etc. ' numbers driven)
- Project Management skills ' Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Detail oriented. Holds others accountable for commitments
- Results and Achievement Orientation ' Continually strives to meet goals. Obtains quality team output through exemplary actions and focus
- Team Building ' Ability to earn respect as a team leader, building solid horizontal and lateral relationships. Positions self as a key communications link/hub. Can excite and energize others to action
- Strategic Influence and Communication ' Develops clear and specific rationales tailored to different internal groups and external customers. Predicts others' concerns and objections and develops specific influence strategies to overcome them. Have strong problem Solving and Analytic Thinking ' Identifies current/potential barriers to meeting customer commitments and relentlessly pursues solutions. Uses analytic techniques to identify projects or initiatives to pursue
- Change Facilitation and Initiative ' Reacts to change as a positive challenge and translates it into opportunities. Conducts on-going critique of current practices and constantly seeks/implements new approaches to improve productivity and effectiveness
- Global Thinker- Makes decisions sensitive to the varied markets and organizations served. Harmonizes objectives to minimize waste and redundancy
- Strong written & oral communication skills