1. Prepare piping layout drawings, isometric drawings, spool sheet drawings/cut sheets with complete BOM's (bill-of-materials), pad and equipment drawings from customer furnished drawings and vendor data in Revit (or other) design modeling software as required.
2. Perform checking functions of drawings and bill of materials (plans & sections, isometric's, spool sheets, B.O.M.'s) produced both in-house and by the GDC (Global Design Center) and/or other CPS office, utilizing CPS procedures and standards.
3. Conduct project review, kick-off meetings, maintain customer contact, and other job control functions.
4. Coordinate complete project material handling from manufacturing to installation (i.e. bagging & tagging / expediting, fabrication of combination Victaulic and welded spools, field logistics, etc.)
5. Prepare and coordinate complete BEP (Basic Engineering Package), adhering to established guidelines, for transferring project to the GDC and/or other CPS office with minimal supervision.
6. For projects that have been transferred to the GDC, provide assistance and comments as required, along with attending daily coordination meetings with the GDC.
7. Update the Team Leader\ Manager on a timely basis on status of all assigned projects and assist with project close out and customer satisfaction reports.
8. Utilize and enforce the CPS PM Division procedures and policies.
9. Prepare Advanced Bill of Materials, and assist the customer care department regarding their content and/or changes to material delivery requirements.
10. Review incoming projects and prepare CPS Drawing Quotes.
11. Assist Sales with presentation of CPS Drawing Quotes (as required).
12. Assist CPS Estimating, Specification, and Software Development departments (as required).
13. Travel to jobsites to obtain accurate field measurements and interact with customers and Victaulic salespeople as required.
14. Assist in the training of Draftspersons, Trainees, and Interns.
15. Utilize and participate in Lean implementation and the Victaulic Quality Improvement Process.
1. Bachelor's Degree and/or Diploma in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
2. Associates Degree and/or 5-7 years of relevant experience
3. 10-15 years solid engineering/design experience required. Piping in HVAC and/or Industrial preferred.
4. Knowledge of piping specification engineering and pipe support experience is a plus
5. Experience with Excel, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD required.
6. Min 5 year of Revit experience.
7. Must have ability to travel domestically and internationally
8. Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer skills required
9. Must have project management skills (i.e. scheduling, budgeting, expediting, material coordination, information organization, customer interface, preparation of drawing issues to customer, etc.)