Senior Manufacturing Engineer - New Products
Position: Senior Manufacturing Engineer ' New Products
Location: Victaulic Corporate Headquarters,
Reports to: Manager - Global Manufacturing Engineering
Engineer will work in cross-functional teams from product ideations through production launches of new products. Responsible for providing guidance for design-for-manufacturability, developing robust manufacturing processes, managing production equipment builds, and supporting production startups.
1) Manage projects by effectively working with product engineering, operations, quality, accounting, facilities engineering, procurement and vendors.
2) Design and develop lean and robust manufacturing processes for new products.
3) Design-for-automation to support post-launch cost reductions when product sales support investment in automation.
4) Research new technologies and processes to be used in the production of new products.
5) Design tooling and fixtures to support projects, as needed.
6) Facilitate transfer of best practice knowledge.
7) Document standard work instructions and production controls plans.
8) Support cost reduction initiatives through product redesign, process optimization, sourcing, and global process implementation.
9) Support and ensure compliance with safety, quality and environmental regulations.
Qualifications: (education, experience, skills, personal attributes):
1) Bachelor's or Master's degree ' Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is desired. However, a degree in another engineering discipline, with strong work experience will also satisfy this qualification.
2) Knowledgeable in equipment and process design.
3) Experience in workflow analysis, lean and problem solving.
4) Ability to travel to support projects, as needed.
5) Must possess good communication skills and be capable of working effectively with others.