VetPartners Graduate Academy
The VetPartners Graduate Academy gives final year students and recent graduates a structured and supportive pathway into the workforce. Whether you join one of our independent practices or one of the larger groups in our network, you will receive unparalleled mentoring and formal training that will provide you with an excellent foundation. Participants are supported through structured training, supportive clinical environments, informal and formal on-the-job learning, and regular check-ins with mentors.
More importantly, we’ll provide you with the tools and techniques you’ll need to deal with everyday life in clinic, including resilience training, consultation techniques, and client relationship building skills.
Throughout your 18 months in this program, you will integrate into one of our established veterinary hospitals and its team, who will lead and support you through a structured training program, as well as provide clinical experience, informal and formal on-the-job learning and regular check-ins with mentors.
Designed for New Graduates
We’ve designed the program to give Veterinary graduates like you the clinical knowledge and training you’ll need to pursue your future career aspirations. You’ll participate in an 18-month development program at the one veterinary hospital or clinic location. Here you’ll combine hands-on clinical experience and, on the job, learning with formal training opportunities. The program provides a stimulating graduate position that offers training and support with an employer who wants to develop your skills and resilience.
On top of a competitive salary and benefits, you will deepen your knowledge through structured learning. As part of the VetPartners Graduate Academy, you’ll be supported by a graduate manager, veterinary manager and immediate in-clinic supervisor to provide guidance and constructive feedback.
Our clinical standards VetSuccess platform, has been specifically designed for New and Recent Graduates, intended to support you in your first year of employment.
The VetSuccess Program is a process of self-assessment that aims to instil a conscious and conscientious approach to professional learning. It provides a flexible framework to allow new and recent graduates, overseas graduates, and those returning to work, to reflect on their progress in developing their confidence and competence across several clinical areas, measured against Key Clinical Competences. This platform helps facilitate regular, collaborative and constructive discussions with a clinical supervisor in a supportive environment.
There is a Professional Development Log component to the system that allows vets to set professional/personal goals and record their CPD activities. The clinical experience component functions to allow recording of case notes, clinical skills and procedures, and regular self-assessment.
Supportive Clinical Role from Day One
- Gradual increase of clinical capability across your first 12 months of employment.
- A culture of feedback and continuous improvement.
- Opportunities across, Small or Mixed practices, or develop interests in surgery and medicine.
Focus on preparing for the workforce
- Regular mental health and resilience training sessions and events.
- Access to counsellors for physical, social and psychological well-being.
- Your practical training will be supplemented with formal learning and specific clinical courses (example cytology, surgical and dental workshops). These will include offsite or onsite learning.
- An on-site clinical mentor, with access to veterinary managers and a graduate program manager.
- Structured 18 months of essential clinical learnings through a supportive learning environment.
- Access to our VetSuccess platform for self-reflective and constructive learning.
Assured Performance & Competence
- Industry regular performance checks.
- Formal internal and end of program assessment.
- Opportunity for rapid progression.
Comprehensive Financial Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive starting salary.
- Access to various employee benefits and rewards.
- An unparallel structured learning program to help develop your clinical skills.