Veristat is expanding our presence internationally from our home office outside Boston to Montreal, Toronto, Research Triangle Park, Michigan, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Biostatistician II performs the analysis of clinical trial data and provides statistical input into the reporting of clinical trial results, working to the large extent independently with minimal oversight from the Director or Manager of Biostatistics, or Senior Biostatistician.
As a Biostatistician II You Will...
- Provide statistical input into protocol and case report form (CRF) development in all therapeutic areas (e.g., trial design, sample size estimation, randomization, statistical methods for protocols, edit checks for clinical trial data).
- Communicate with clients regarding study protocol or statistical analysis issues.
- Write detailed statistical analysis plans including specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures.
- Analyze clinical trial data producing accurate results representing the outcome of the trial. Validates statistical output.
- Accurately interpret statistical results and concepts.
- With the medical writer, co-author final integrated reports of clinical trial data by writing thorough and clear statistical methods sections and producing the statistical appendix for the final report.
- Provide input into statistical standard operating procedures (SOPs) and general standardization efforts within the department (e.g., statistical methodology standards, standard data presentations).
- Participate in interactions with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Collaborate effectively with members of clinical trial implementation teams and with Biometrics colleagues.
Experience + Requirements
- PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field with relevant academic experience OR a Master’s degree in Statistics or Biostatistics or a related field and 3 years of biostatistical experience in the clinical trials or health research environment required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills, and familiarity with moderately complex statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials required.
- SAS proficiency including BASE and STAT; GRAPH preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong level of detail orientation.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks under tight timelines.