Associate Manager, Statistical Programming
Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Associate Manager, Statistical Programming is responsible for the statistical programming aspects of projects for clients and project teams through management of internal staff (consisting mainly of contract talent) and/or for maintaining optimal department processes, implementing project-specific strategies, and assisting with the development and implementation of department strategies to increase productivity and quality, while decreasing cycle times and costs.
As an Associate Manager, Statistical Programming You Will…
- Assist with the oversight of SAS programming personnel, including hiring, and managing personnel matters.
- Train SAS programmers regarding applicable regulatory guidelines and programming activities, including CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards to dataset programming, creating and validating SAS programs for Dataset, Tables, Listings, and Figures following the departmental QC procedures.
- Assist with resource allocation of SAS programming personnel
- Serve as the programming lead on projects, as appropriate. As a project lead, the Associate Manager, Statistical Programming develops and maintains a close liaison with client contacts, SAS programmers, biostatisticians, and project managers to drive the programmatic aspect of project delivery.
- Provide oversight of project-related statistical programming tasks, and performs programming related tasks, as required, including: communicating with Project Managers regarding resourcing to assure the appropriate staff is assigned to each study; providing input into Case Report Form (CRF) and Data Validation Specifications (DVS) development in all therapeutic areas; writing specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures; analyzing clinical trial data producing accurate results representing the outcome of the trial; and validating statistical output.
Experience + Requirements
- Master’s degree in technology, statistics, pharmaceutics or another related science or mathematics field with a minimum of 5 years of SAS programming experience with clinical trial data using CDISC SDTM and ADaM implementation guidelines OR Bachelor’s with a minimum of 8 years of SAS programming experience with clinical trial data using CDISC SDTM and ADaM implementation guidelines.
- 1 year of supervisory OR 2 years of project lead experience in a CRO required.
- Excellent working knowledge of CDISC SDTM and ADaM Implementation Guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and other applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as well as of medical terminology, clinical trials, and clinical research.
- Working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the contract research organization (CRO) industry with pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements and drug development process.
- Excellent organizational skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong communication skill set with peers, business partners, and Sponsors.
- Strong analytical mindset.