Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Director, Sales is responsible for leading the Sales team, as well as developing and expanding new business opportunities within established accounts and prospective clients, by providing leadership for outreach to current and prospective new clients. In addition, the Director, Sales will collaborate with Marketing to develop annual plans to drive company objectives.
Internally, the Director, Sales works closely with the Executive Management, Operations Leadership, and Project Management to establish key strategic partnerships with new and existing clients as well as with all functional groups within Veristat to enhance Company performance and client relations.
As a Director, Sales You Will...
- Establish and maintain contact with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in order to gain knowledge of drug development programs, promote the Company’s services, and ultimately increase the number of studies for which the Company is asked to bid.
- Lead the sales team to deliver profitable growth.
- Identify and develop accounts that represent significant growth opportunities.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Continuously improve and measure the effectiveness of key sales processes to include opportunity pipeline management, including driving the direct report meetings as well as regular sales meetings.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop annual plans that drive and support company objectives including segments, targets, branding and differentiation messaging.
- Seek out and manage the development of RFP’s and RFI’s.
- Develop outside sales training to include the concept of relocation services, relationship management skills, client analysis and cross-selling.
- Coach, develop, mentor and empower the Sales team to ensure company sales and revenue goals are met and employees are properly incented.
- Support and help implement continuous process improvements.
- Establish and maintain contact with the Company’s partners that can assist with increasing sales through added value or additional functionality.
- Work closely with Department Directors and Operational Leadership to learn functional services and determine client needs.
Experience + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a related field required.
- 10 years of business development experience in a contract research organization, pharmaceutical/biotechnology, or closely related industry required, with 5 years of line management experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to manage a process-driven, proactive sales organization required.
- Working knowledge of ICH and other regulatory guidelines.
- Experience with proposal development, and contract negotiation and closing required.
- Extensive knowledge of full service clinical research practices, with respect to CRO’s (clinical operations as well as back end services) required.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to work within a rapidly-growing company and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong presentation skills to prepare and deliver high-quality capabilities and sales presentations.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate the details of project requirements.
- Prior experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.