Director, Project Management
Veristat is expanding our presence internationally from our home office outside Boston to Montreal, Toronto, Research Triangle Park, Michigan, Taiwan, and most recently the United Kingdom.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Director, Project Management is responsible for all facets of client projects and project teams, through the management of internal staff. S/he implements and maintains optimal department processes and overall strategies to increase productivity and quality, while decreasing cycle times and costs.
The Director, Project Management collaborates with Project Managers and internal stakeholders to ensure that projects are managed with a holistic approach, to successfully execute the sponsors’ projects, and programs, while providing excellent client service and engagement. S/he is a senior leader within the organization, responsible contributing to Veristat’s overall success by driving results within the Project Management team and across functions through productive relationships with colleagues.
As a Director, Project Management You Will…
- Be responsible for the direct management of Project Management managers and indirect management of all relevant staff including performance management, career development & growth, training, and employee relations.
- Be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to the Project Management department, to best achieve departmental and company goals. In conjunction, s/he also participates as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Be responsible for performance of department financials - profit and loss (P&L), including participation in corporate revenue recognition activities and senior leadership meetings related to Project Management
- Develop and maintain a metrics based performance culture to drive success across clinical programs.
- Be responsible for resourcing and project staffing. Therein, assists with assessing hiring needs, interviews, and hires to align with the needs of the department.
- Train Project Management staff regarding applicable regulatory guidelines, SOPs, policies, and all project management tasks required for project initiation, maintenance, and closure.
- Assist with resource allocation and leads business development activities, including participating in bid defenses, client/governance meetings, and the development of business proposals as it pertains to Project Management.
- Work with the Project Managers to routinely evaluate and monitor client relationship and overall satisfaction, project risks and mitigation strategies, project timelines, project activities against scopes of work, and assist with identifying changes in project scope or efficiencies to maintain timelines and budget, and project team resources and collaborate with corresponding departmental management in resource allocation planning.
- Serve as a point of escalation for any client relations issues, collaborating with the head of Sales and appropriate functional department heads to determine appropriate resolution strategy and communication with the client.
- Support the development and implementation of Project Management Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, policies, procedures and ensure personnel are trained appropriately.
- Serve as a leader, point of mentorship, and point of escalation for the Project Management teams.
- Serve as a champion of continuous process improvement within the department, to bring efficiencies and best practices to the organization through the design and implementation of new or updated procedures or workflows.
- Lead by example and models core values in all actions; ensures a positive, respectful team environment, fostering collaboration and development.
Experience + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science or related field required; industry-related discipline preferred. 10 years of Project Management experience in a CRO required, with a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Excellent clinical trial project management, written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Expert knowledge of drug development process and clinical research methods.
- Strong experience in financial management of departmental profit and loss.
- Strong experience in management of study budgets and change order management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a metrics driven project management approach.
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully solve problems, exercise sound judgment, lead by example, and influence without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to think “big picture” and strategically leverage expertise, to serve as a consultant and business partner with internal and external customers.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment and with the ability to build effective project teams, motivate others, delegate, and make and implement decisions.
- Ability to build and maintain trust and confidence and communicate effectively with client, external vendors, and internal team members.