Business Development Director
Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Business Development Director is responsible for the development and expansion of new business opportunities within established accounts and prospective clients by providing leadership for overall business planning. Identifies and develops sales leads and liaises with the Proposal and Contract Specialist in managing the sales process through contract closure. Prepares and conducts project-specific client presentations in collaboration with the functional departments related to Veristat’s core services and capabilities.
The Business Development Director will liaise between the client and Company on all business development activities and requirements; will expand the Company’s visibility, name recognition, and professional credibility in the market and will assist with the development of promotional material to promote the Company’s recognition in the industry.
Internally, the Business Development Director works closely with Project Management and Finance to establish key strategic partnerships with new and existing clients as well as with all functional groups within Veristat to enhance Company performance and client relations.
As a Business Development Director You Will...
- Establish and maintain contact with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in order to gain knowledge of drug development programs, promote the Company’s services, and ultimately increase the number of studies for which the Company is asked to bid.
- Generate and qualify new sales opportunities
- Work with the Proposal and Contract Specialist on the creation of competitive study bid proposals and liaise with clients throughout the bidding process.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other Company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Maintain high levels of repeat business through nurturing relationships with existing clients and ensuring service delivery satisfaction.
- Promote the Company with the specific purpose of expanding its market and increasing its client base.
- Prepare and present Veristat’s core services and capabilities to customers
- Establish and maintain contact with the Company’s partners that can assist with increasing sales through added value or additional functionality.
- Attend and participate in professional meetings to promote the Company’s products and services.
- Verify and process contractual documents, including work orders, develop payment schedules and changes in scope, as needed.
- Assist Finance with the analysis of client contracts, billing and revenue recognition as needed.
Experience + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience selling services in CRO / pharmaceutical / biotechnology / life sciences industry.
- Strong presentation skills (to prepare and deliver high-quality capabilities and sales presentations). Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience with proposal development, contract negotiation and closing a contract. Ability to learn quickly and assimilate the detail of project requirements. Ability to be flexible and easily multitask. Good computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Travel up to 50%