Director, Project Financial Analysis
Veristat is expanding our presence internationally from our home office outside Boston to Montreal, Toronto, Research Triangle Park, Michigan, Taiwan, and most recently the United Kingdom.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly managerial conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Director, Project Financial Analysis (“PFA”) is responsible for leading a team to provide financial and analytical support to department leaders and Project Management through performance reporting and financial analysis. S/he will serve as the liaison between Veristat’s functional groups and PFA, making recommendations for process and profit improvement. Equally as important, the Director, PFA will be an agent of change helping to drive process improvements throughout the rapidly growing organization, in addition to being able to inform business decision-making and execution.
As a Director, PFA You Will...
- Direct management of project finance team, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, career development & growth, training, employee relations, and leading the department
- Partner with business leaders and project managers to proactively review project financials, and is responsible for the preparation of project revenue forecasts
- Take a proactive approach to managing changes in project scope and informs department leaders of any project financial issues
- Oversee ongoing financial resource planning, management and analysis, to include monitoring of resource levels and measuring impact on profitability
- Own and manages staffing and resource model to provide the business with effective insights for future hiring and staffing needs; provides insights to margin impact
- Support project management in developing actual/forecasts versus the budget for both professional fees and pass through expenses (3rd party vendor costs, investigator fees, travel expenses, etc.)
- Support Proposals & Contracts and Project Management on the development of financial analysis for proposals
- Own month end responsibilities including revenue recognition and forecasts, variance analysis, profitability analysis, and any other reporting needs as required; streamlines and improve project revenue and project forecast models through systems and/or more efficient modeling calculations
- Own and manage the change order review process along with business leaders; streamlines overall process through creating efficiencies
- Drive and develop ongoing overall company, department and project financial forecast and financial project metrics, review and finalize project metrics in cooperation with Project Managers and Department heads
- Be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to the PFA team to best achieve departmental and company goals. In conjunction, s/he also participates as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Lead and/or participate in corporate compliance activities as it relates to PFA including: development and review of department policies, SOPs, and other controlled documents, as well as participation in client audits
- Lead by example and models core values in all actions; ensures a positive, respectful team environment, fostering collaboration and development
- Assist in the assessment and implementation of new finance technologies
Experience + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting required
- 8-10 years of progressive project finance experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a management role required; professional services experience required, in a healthcare, service, or project related field preferred
- Strong financial, analytical, and modeling skills required
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and concise manner identifying major issues/concerns and potential corrective actions
- Demonstrated ability to think “big picture” and strategically leverage expertise, to serve as a consultant and business partner with internal and external customers
- Prior experience in a private equity owned organization a plus
- Comprehensive proficiency in Microsoft Excel (required), Word and Outlook
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills