Associate Medical Writer
Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
Under the direction of the Manager, Medical Writing, the Associate Medical Writer assists Medical Writing personnel with the drafting and finalizing of documents necessary for all phases of clinical drug and device development by organizing, analyzing, and interpreting scientific and statistical data. Such documents include, but are not limited to, clinical study reports, study protocols, investigator’s brochures, and manuscripts.
As an Associate Medical Writer You Will...
- Under the direction of the lead Medical Writer, prepare sections of clinical documents, including, but not limited to:
- Methodology sections of clinical study reports.
- Patient narratives.
- In-text tables and figures for clinical documents using statistical output (i.e., tables, data listings, and figures) as a source.
- Change histories.
- Format clinical documents using template-specified styles.
- Prepare clinical documents for publishing by reviewing and correcting document format and collecting, formatting, and organizing appendix materials.
- Perform quality control (QC) of clinical study reports and clinical sections of regulatory submissions written by other medical writers.
- Keep lead Medical Writer and management informed on progress of documents and other project-related information.
- Perform literature searches.
- Perform administrative duties as requested.
- Project work is to be completed within a time period that supports project needs and deadlines. Furthermore, project work is to be of high quality and accurate.
Experience + Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science or related field.
- Minimum Work Requirements: Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience working in a professional environment, preferably in a contract research organization (CRO), pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or other clinical setting. Internships and other work/study programs may contribute toward this requirement. Medical/technical writing experience preferred.
- Skills: Excellent writing skills (e.g., English usage), a keen attention to detail, and strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Word processing skills using Microsoft Word are required. Familiarity with medical terminology and statistical concepts preferred.