Talent Acquisition Specialist
For more than 25 years, Veristat has built a reputation as a thoughtful partner in the clinical development and regulatory submission process. We have done so by hiring talented people who align to our core values and share a common passion for our mission driven work.
Do you value a collaborative work environment and the opportunity to truly make a difference? If so, you will feel right at home here. At Veristat, you can grow both personally and professionally, with opportunities to discuss your achievements and advance your career through quarterly feedback conversations and meaningful work.
We do things differently than large CROs and would love to have you join our Veristat team!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for handling recruiting efforts for entry to mid-level roles, including all aspects of the full cycle recruitment process: consulting with hiring managers to determine needs, developing a strategy to attract candidates who meet those needs, determining a proper technical skill match and behavioral fit, and successfully landing/onboarding the talent necessary to meet our goals and objectives.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist also participates in activities related to both defining and marketing Veristat’s employment brand, specifically as it pertains to recruitment efforts through social media channels, Veristat’s website, company pages, and blog. S/he will also participate in Talent and Culture projects and initiatives as appropriate or desired, as well.
Primary Duties + Responsibility:
- Works closely with T&C leadership and internal partners to align sourcing activities to workforce plans and understands current and forecasted recruitment needs
- Seeks out and identifies effective channels and strategy to source candidates matching business needs; implements sourcing strategies across the Talent Acquisition team for building talent pools of specific candidate profiles
- Regularly uses LinkedIn (and like tools) to generate brand awareness, source talent, and nurture candidate pipelines
- Ensures a strong and engaged pipeline of qualified candidates through direct and indirect sourcing, sourcing channel optimization, and proactive pipelining.
- Connects with Marketing and Talent and Culture to understand the company’s brand, both in business development and employment; may develop, recommend, and execute strategy to share this brand
- Contributes to shorter time to fill for open positions as needs arise by developing and actively engaging a broad range of sourcing channels that will improve the size and quality of available talent pools for upcoming business needs
- Prequalifies candidates for open positions through resume review and phone screens, as requested
- Passionately and thoroughly owns all aspects of full cycle recruiting process for assigned requisitions: intake sessions, recruiting strategy (posting + sourcing), candidate review (screening + interviewing), extending and negotiating offers
- Takes the time to consult with hiring managers around each new requisition to fully gather requirements, accurately understand needs, impacts of the role, and possible obstacles to finding or acquiring talent
- Defines an approach to posting, sourcing, and recruiting the right talent; informed and able to determine strategies for recruiting for positions across various departments, levels, and locations.
- Reacts to responsive candidates quickly, evaluates and qualifies candidates effectively, provides hiring managers with the appropriate level of filtered detail on viable candidates, in a timely manner.
- Organizes interview teams and provides appropriate training/resources for interviewers to conduct effective behavioral based interviews. Facilitates feedback sessions thereafter to cull through feedback and reach a decision.
- Learns compensation as a discipline, but more specifically, Veristat’s compensation philosophy; is then able to successfully make compensation recommendations to the business, negotiate, and close offers to candidates
- Collaborates with Talent & Culture team members to assist in the execution of sponsorship-related recruitment as needed
- May assist in pulling and analyzing hiring metrics
- May serve as backup or point of escalation for Coordinator activities (ie: scheduling, background checks) as needed
- May manage needs for contractor and temporary talent, and through the contractor life cycle; includes fielding approved business needs for contract talent, working with approved agencies and vendors to procure candidates, engaging independent contractors, developing and executing contracts and work orders, ensuring contracts are executed in accordance with Veristat SLAs, renewing work orders as requested by the business, and informing the appropriate colleagues when contracts end
- May be responsible for building pipelines for independent contractor talent for various functional areas
Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-3 years of prior experience in Human Resources required, with at least 1 year of recruiting experience required
- Industry experience a plus; experience in marketing and/or social media strategy or branding strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft office suite of products is required (able to schedule appointments in Outlook, use Excel spreadsheets, prepare PowerPoint decks); experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) required; experience managing a company’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor (etc.) pages very strongly preferred
- Experience in client facing position preferred
Driving/Travel requirements – 0-10%
- Physical requirements – ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 lbs.
- Hours/Conditions – US: 40 hour work week; Canada & UK: 37.5 hour work week