Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
Working under the direction of Biostatistics Management and/or Senior Biostatistician, the biostatistician performs the analysis of clinical trial data and provides statistical input into the reporting of clinical trial results.
Primary Duties + Responsibility:
- Provides statistical input into protocol and case report form (CRF) development in all therapeutic areas (e.g., trial design, sample size estimation, randomization, statistical methods for protocols, edit checks for clinical trial data).
- Communicates with clients regarding study protocol or statistical analysis issues.
- Writes detailed statistical analysis plans including specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables, and figures.
- Analyzes clinical trial data producing accurate results representing the outcome of the trial. Validates statistical output.
- Accurately interprets statistical results and concepts.
- With the medical writer, co-authors final integrated reports of clinical trial data by writing thorough and clear statistical methods sections and producing the statistical appendix for the final report.
- Provides input into statistical standard operating procedures (SOPs) and general standardization efforts within the department (e.g., statistical methodology standards, standard data presentations).
- Participates in interactions with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Collaborates effectively with members of clinical trial implementation teams and with Biometrics colleagues.
Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field, with no previous work experience, but some applied statistics training relevant to the clinical trials or health research environment OR a Master’s degree in Statistics or Biostatistics or a related field, and 1 year of biostatistical experience in the clinical trials or health research environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills, and familiarity with moderately complex statistical methods that apply to Phase I-IV clinical trials.
- SAS proficiency including BASE and STAT; GRAPH preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong level of detail orientation.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks under tight timelines.