Account Development Specialist II
For more than 25 years, Veristat has built a reputation as a thoughtful partner in the clinical development and regulatory submission process. We have done so by hiring talented people who align to our core values and share a common passion for our mission driven work.
Do you value a collaborative work environment and the opportunity to truly make a difference? If so, you will feel right at home here. At Veristat, you can grow both personally and professionally, with opportunities to discuss your achievements and advance your career through quarterly feedback conversations and meaningful work.
We do things differently than large CROs and would love to have you join our Veristat team!
The Account Development Specialist (ADS) II supports Veristat’s ABM strategy and plays an essential role in achieving Veristat’s growth and revenue targets. Your primary goal is to develop new accounts and assist with growth in existing target accounts, generating qualified meetings, and driving new business opportunities to RFP, all while ensuring defined KPI's are achieved.
S/he conducts personalized outreach via phone and electronic media, after researching accounts, prospects, and products to craft customized content that communicates the value of Veristat solutions and brand. Documenting activities, and following standard processes is required.
The ADS II will also assist with capabilities meetings, campaign outreach or follow-up, progressing qualified leads and a variety of internal business initiatives, process improvements, and trainings. S/he works with direction and in collaboration with Business Development, Marketing, and Account Development.
As an Account Development Specialist II You Will...
- Collaborate with internal peers (Business Development, Marketing, and Client Development) on regional account targeting, tactical strategy, growth planning, cross selling, high-level core messaging, and Veristat campaign initiatives.
- Leverage data for targeting utilizing internal and third-party tools (i.e., Salesforce, Biomedtracker, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, and other industry news sources) to acquire detailed account knowledge.
- Data mine contacts and perform in-depth market research on account specific information, including pipeline and upcoming milestones to confirm market intelligence on accounts that fit Veristat’s Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and corporate goals.
- Craft personalized and relevant account messaging tailored by prospect title that is appropriate to current clinical development/regulatory junctures, upcoming catalysts, and suitable Veristat solutions.
- Place outbound calls and leverage electronic media to communicate the value of Veristat solutions and brand to specific accounts and customer segments, nurturing prospective leads with a timed cadence of relevant messaging and assets.
- Facilitate the development and growth of new relationships and opportunities at target accounts both new and existing.
- Book and attend qualified introductory/capabilities meetings, ensuring accounts and projects are vetted and aligned with Veristat’s ICP.
- Create and advance qualified sales opportunities to RFP stage within Veristat’s pipeline.
- Ensure Salesforce is up to date with logged activities and the timely recording of data.
- Cross-sell Veristat solutions, develop account relationships, and increase the account Customer Lifetime Value (CLV).
- Play integral role in group’s Account Based Marketing plans (ABM), department processes and Job Aide development, and provide input into overall customer relationship management.
- Support leads from inbound channels and Veristat campaigns through Nurture Enrollment and by providing outreach for further development.
- Support a variety of internal business initiatives, process improvements, and basic trainings.
- Perform duties above to meet KPIs, including but not limited to, Accounts/Day, Calls, Qualified Meetings, and RFPs.
Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-8 years of inside sales or sales experience required, with at least 2-5 years of relevant clinical research organization (CRO) or life sciences experience required.
- Proficient in Excel (including pivots, formulas, v-lookups, graphs), Outlook, LinkedIn, Web-browser, and search engine navigation.
- Experience with database management in a CRM required, Salesforce preferred.
- Must be a detail-oriented, analytical, and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required; must be comfortable interfacing with various levels of business contacts, including executives, with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong prioritization capabilities, with an ability to see a task through to completion, despite other project demands.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and maximize use of resources.
- Comfortable making cold calls to prospective companies and possess proper phone etiquette.
- Solid research capabilities, to gather information through web searches and other methods and summarize large volumes of data in a concise manner.