Manager, Financial Analysis
For more than 25 years, Veristat has built a reputation as a thoughtful partner in the clinical development and regulatory submission process.
We have done so by hiring talented people who align to our core values and share a common passion for our mission driven work. Do you value a collaborative work environment and the opportunity to truly make a difference? If so, you will feel right at home here.
At Veristat, you can grow both personally and professionally, with opportunities to discuss your achievements and advance your career through quarterly feedback conversations and meaningful work. We do things differently than large CROs and would love to have you join our Veristat team!
The Manager, Financial Analysis is responsible for managing a team of project financial analysts to provide financial and analytical support to the Department Heads and Project Management through performance reporting and financial analysis. The Manager will serve as the liaison between Veristat’s functional groups and Finance, making recommendations for process and profit improvement.
Primary Duties + Responsibility:
- Responsible for the direct management of assigned Project Finance staff including performance management, career development & growth, training, and employee relations.
- Responsible for resourcing and project staffing with the assigned team. Therein, assists with assessing hiring needs, interviews, and hires to align with the needs of the department.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve project efficiency and results by using knowledge and technical expertise to recommend project solutions in order to address issues before they become significant problems.
- Inform Department Heads of any projects that are having financial issues.
- Support the Project Team in developing actual/forecasts versus the budget in terms of both professional fees and pass-through expenses (3rd party vendor costs, investigator fees, travel expenses, etc.).
- Complete month end responsibilities including revenue recognition and forecasts, variance analysis, profitability analysis, and any other reporting needs as required.
- Streamline and improve project revenue and project forecast models through systems and/or more efficient modeling calculations.
- Develop and distribute monthly reports detailing the financial status of assigned projects and/or programs.
- Support Proposals & Contracts and Project Directors on the development of financial analysis for proposals
- Drive and develop financial project metrics, review and finalize project metrics in cooperation with Project Managers and Department heads.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Department heads to provide on-going financial resource planning, management and analysis. Monitor resource levels on projects and roles and its impact on profitability.
- Take an active approach in managing changes in project scope.
- Maintain documentation of current process and roadmaps of the Financial Analysis responsibilities.
- Manage special projects including but not limited to analyzing historical trends, implementing process changes, and leveraging project finance system.
- Manage integration of projects for any M&A activity.
- Contribute to the continuous process improvement within the department; bring efficiencies and best practices to the organization through the design and implementation of new or updated procedures or workflows.
- Participate in corporate compliance activities as it relates to Finance, including: development and review of department policies, SOPs, and other controlled documents, as well as participation in client audits.
- Lead by example and models core values in all actions; ensure a positive, respectful team environment, fostering collaboration and development.
Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- BS/BA with a concentration in business, finance or accounting required.
- 8 years of progressive experience in financial analysis, account or planning function, preferably in a healthcare, service, or project related field, with at least three years of prior management experience, required.
- Comprehensive proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and concise manner identifying major issues/concerns and potential corrective actions.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail with excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing/able to effectively partner with all levels of an organization.
- Driving/Travel requirements – 0-10%
- Physical requirements – ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 lbs.
- Hours/Conditions – US: 40 hour work week; Canada & UK: 37.5 hour work week
- FLSA Classification – Exempt