Integration Project Manager (M&A)
Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Project Manager, Integration provides the necessary project management leadership to plan, prepare, and execute critical business integration exercises to ensure achievement of business case synergies. S/he plays an essential role in the integration of acquired entities, and onboarding of teams as necessary. Serving as the liaison between Corporate Development, Executive Leadership, and operational stakeholders, the Project Manager, Integration ensures seamless communication through all phases.
As an Integration Project Manager You Will...
- Anticipate the needs of the Corporate Development team as deals are close to completion, by developing project plans and roadmaps to oversee potential integrations and/or additions of target entities.
- Develop detailed project plans and prioritizes integration tasks to achieve project goals.
- Leverage resources, expertise, and knowledge across functional areas to ensure attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Be responsible for effective communication within the project team and with functional management.
- Provide regular updates regarding the status and progress of the integration to Senior Leadership to ensure continued awareness, buy-in, and shared ownership.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and escalation for integration activities between all parties (buyer and target), ensuring succinct communication, unified efforts, and clarity around objectives.
- Manage internal stakeholders to achieve business synergies, by overseeing the project plan and ensuring efforts align with timeline and budget.
- Be responsible for the timely identification of project risks and the development and implementation of the mitigations for these risks.
- Manage the integration budget and adherence to, seeking input from required stakeholders, proactively addressing needs, and ensuring matrix delivery resources are effectively utilized.
- Identify additional opportunities for business value delivery and leveraging synergies.
- May participate in other Corporate Development initiatives as required.
Experience + Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience executing successful integrations required, preferably with the clinical research or biotechnology space.
- Strong understanding of mergers & acquisitions, including the strategic contract negotiation process and financial/risk analysis.
- Must be a strong relationship builder, outgoing, and able to effectively liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, externally and internally.
- Strong ability to use experience and analysis to gain support and influence others.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Clinical Research environment and marketplace helpful.
- Excellent organizational and peer management skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated; must have intellectual curiosity, desire to learn, and passion for providing superior clinical services.