Talent Acquisition Specialist – Contractor Recruiting
For more than 25 years, Veristat has built a reputation as a thoughtful partner in the clinical development and regulatory submission process. We have done so by hiring talented people who align to our core values and share a common passion for our mission driven work.
Do you value a collaborative work environment and the opportunity to truly make a difference? If so, you will feel right at home here. At Veristat, you can grow both personally and professionally, with opportunities to discuss your achievements and advance your career through quarterly feedback conversations and meaningful work.
We do things differently than large CROs and would love to have you join our Veristat team!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist, Contractor Recruiting manages the global contract hiring program at Veristat. In consultation with the hiring managers, they will determine short and long-term contractor needs, is responsible for determining a proper technical skill match and behavioral fit, and successfully supports the landing/onboarding of the talent necessary to meet Veristat’s goals and objectives.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist, Contractor Recruiting also participates in activities related to both defining and marketing Veristat’s employment brand, specifically as it pertains to recruitment efforts through social media channels, Veristat’s website, company pages, and blog. They will also participate in Talent & Culture projects and initiatives as appropriate or desired, as well.
Primary Duties + Responsibility:
- Manages Veristat’s global agency/vendor and independent contractor relationships across the different regions (US, Canada, UK, Europe, Asia, etc.).
- Proactively builds, tracks, and maintains database of qualified contractors across all departments and regions for future hiring needs.
- Monitors and manages contractor hours both weekly and monthly, to ensure compliance with contracts and local law.
- Works closely with business leaders and hiring managers on determining demand (short term/long term) e.g. duration of contract, average hours per week/month.
- Works closely with Strategic Solutions team to manage contractor needs for client-facing resource solutions.
- Works with hiring managers to solicit feedback on overall contractor performance and track information within contractor database, to ensure a reliable and effective contractor pool.
- Manages renewal of contractors in accordance with legislation/risk. Proactively flags any potential challenges/risks.
- Stays informed of legislative changes concerning contractors in all relevant geographies.
- Manages IR35 status determination for UK based contractors.
- Plays active role in onboarding process, working to identify start date within SLA timeline and to ensure quality onboarding of contractors.
- Works closely with TA Management and hiring managers on potential contractor conversions.
- Responsible for managing all interviews for contractor candidates.
- Maintains contractor database and sends contractor update email on a monthly basis, highlighting contract end dates. Works with hiring managers to issue contract extensions, following financial approval, when applicable.
- Connects with Marketing and Talent & Culture to understand the company’s brand, both in business development and employment; may develop, recommend, and execute strategy to share this brand.
- Reacts to responsive candidates quickly, evaluates, and qualifies candidates effectively, provides hiring managers with the appropriate level of filtered detail on viable candidates, in a timely manner.
- Organizes interview teams and provides appropriate training/resources for interviewers to conduct effective behavioral based interviews. Facilitates feedback sessions thereafter to cull through feedback and reach a decision.
Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-3 years of prior experience in Human Resources required, with at least 1 year of recruiting (specialist or coordinator) experience required.
- Prior contractor recruitment experience is a plus.
- CRO/Biotech Industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite of products is required (able to schedule appointments in Outlook, use Excel spreadsheets, prepare PowerPoint decks);
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) required.
- Experience managing a company’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor (etc.) pages very strongly preferred.
- Experience in client facing and/or customer service focused position required.