Senior SAS Programmer
Veristat is expanding our global footprint, from our home office in Boston, up to Canada, down to RTP, and over to Taipei.
We do things differently than large CROs. Do you value scientific integrity and a collaborative team environment? If so, you will feel right at home here with dedicated opportunities to discuss your achievements and grow your career through quarterly feedback conversations.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website www.veristat.com.
The Senior SAS programmer leads the programming activities for various purposes including CSRs, DSMBs, interim analyses, manuscripts, etc. Mainly supports statistical programming of statistical analysis plan (SAP)-planned tables, data listings, and graphs for CSRs, as well as integrated summaries of safety and efficacy, ad hoc analyses and electronic submission deliverables, such as datasets, data documentation, programs, programming table of contents, and patient profiles.
In addition, the Senior SAS Programmer supports migration activities in the creation of Standard Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) and production of the Analysis Data Model (ADaM). The Senior SAS Programmer is also responsible for monitoring and meeting assigned program milestones and may lead a team of programmers to accomplish tasks.
As a Senior SAS Programmer You Will...
- Design or write program specifications based on consultations with Biostatistical programming and Biostatistical staff.
- Lead Programming Project teams by assigning tasks, reviewing their programs, and working with business partners and the client to establish timelines for all deliverables.
- Convert specifications into SAS code to generate datasets and Tables, Listings, and Figures outputs.
- Analyze SAS code to find causes of errors and revise programs.
- Write and maintain documentation of changes to SAS code, programs, and specifications.
- Revise programs for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
- Coordinate with other programmers about program revisions.
- Modify and maintain SAS programs written by others.
- QC SAS programs for Dataset, Tables, Listings, and Figures following the departmental QC procedures.
- Mentor new hires and all level SAS Programmers.
- Create Define XML, Define PDFs, and Reviewers Guides.
- Apply CDISC knowledge (SDTM and ADaM) standards to dataset programming.
- Follow established standardized design and programming procedures (CDISC); provide mentoring to junior level SAS programmers; assist in establishing standardized programming procedures and work instructions; develop, enhance, evaluate, and validate standardized macros and utility programs; ensure that regulatory requirements are met through validation/compliance activities.
- Create statistical analysis outputs to be used in support of final reports, abstracts, posters, manuscripts, and other clinical publications; support systems to produce electronic regulatory submissions.
Experience + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, statistics, pharmaceutics or another related science or mathematics field with a minimum of 8 years of SAS programming experience with clinical trial data.
- Good working knowledge of CDISC SDTM Implementation Guidelines.
- Good working knowledge of CDISC ADaM Implementation Guidelines.
- General knowledge of regulatory requirements and drug development process.
- Excellent organizational skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead programming teams.
- Strong communication skill set with peers, business partners, and Sponsors.
- Strong Analytical mindset.
- Leadership skills to lead project team to deliver high quality deliverables on time and work directly with the Sponsor to meet the project delivery expectations.