Technical Project Manager
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. We’re connecting more than 25 million payment devices to the cloud—merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers. We are built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security.
Our people are known as trusted experts that work with our clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. We have clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions and payment providers.
We are looking for people with positive attitude, committed to excellence, solution and result oriented team players who will join our team of passionate professionals.
We are currently seeking Software Suppprt Engineer to join our Team in Milan:
Technical Project Manager
Are you a talented technical project management professional that is looking for a fun and exciting new opportunity? If so, we have the role for you. We are searching for an experienced technical project manager in Milan.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for hands on project management, providing deep technical expertise, and project management leadership in a complex, dynamic environment. The technical PM will collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers and drive project schedules from design to release. You will also be responsible for developing certain functionalities when required. You will demonstrate the ability to work with multi-functional, multi-project teams to ensure solutions are delivered on time and on budget in accordance with the defined scope, timeline and resources.
- Lead and control multiple software development projects and navigate from design through development into QA and drive deployment to production
- Ability to develop in the solution when required.
- Assist Engineering and Technology with overall project management of code development, unit testing, production implementation and post production support of designated/identified projects.
- Follow the prescribed Project Lifecycle Methodology
- Partner with Product / Project Owner(s) to shepherd projects thru the software development process from request management thru post-deployment support
- Act as gate keeper to ensure that all landmark work meet with defined standards. Work you're doing includes requirement definitions, functional specification, architecture design, technical specifications, development, release notes, installation guides, solution summary, and other documentation.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to bridge the communications gap between business and technical teams
- Coordinate, lead and/or participate in technology engineering efforts and meetings to settle optimal approach, design, risk mitigation, defect resolution, etc.
Your skills and experiences:
- You possess at least 10+ years’ experience running application development projects
- You have an expert-level understanding of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle in Agile environment
- Hands-on experience with development management, build management and defect management tools
- You have excellent social, written and verbal communication skills to bridge / facilitate / report efforts between technical and business teams via meetings, status reports, resource management
- You are detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to run multiple, concurrent initiatives
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment is crucial.
- Committed, positive self-starter who pays attention to detail and possesses the ability to work independently
- You have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Equivalent
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.