Software Support Engineer
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. We’re connecting more than 25 million payment devices to the cloud—merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers. We are built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security.
Our people are known as trusted experts that work with our clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. We have clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions and payment providers.
We are looking for people with positive attitude, committed to excellence, solution and result oriented team players who will join our team of passionate professionals.
We are currently seeking Software Suppprt Engineer to join our Team in Milan:
Software Support Engineer
- Write software programs in C++ languages for our various platforms and test the same.
- Expected to be able to juggle multiple projects and support tasks at the same time.
- Work with other teams members to understand customer requirements and come up with meaningful solutions.
- Lead requirements gathering, Use Case modeling, analysis and design activities
- Develop detailed design specifications including service models and message schemas
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Participate in meetings & reviews with customers and team members. • Troubleshoot potential issues at customer locations. • Maintain existing software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related fields. • C++ languages programming experience.
- Knowledge of gdb, and makefile tools.
- Experience with Linux operating system
Experience with Web Services and associated interface protocols
- Strong knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance, and integration functions
- Very good exposure to XML, XSD, HTML, JSP, Java Script and Web Services
- Should have experience working with a remote team
- Willingness to learn and support other applications within the development organization
- Able to work with source code control system in multi-project, multi-developer environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a must.
Preferred Skills & Ability:
- Prior experience of development in the payment field. Prior experience in programming for real-time limited resource (embedded) systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with multi-tasking and state machines is a bonus.
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment is a plus!
- Candidate must have an extremely high level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Scripting languages such as python programming experience is a plus