Application Support Engineer
For over 35 years, we’ve been making history. Now, we’re creating the future.
Techs on the beach
On April 14, 1981, in Honolulu, Hawaii, William “Bill” Melton incorporated his new tech company. The original intention was to provide a recourse for retailers who’d been swindled by people handing out bad checks. Bill's product was a kind of verification device using phone lines—a verification phone.
But then a pivot. The credit card industry was relatively new at the time and processing was still being done with carbon paper. Bill saw a way to reduce costs for companies like Visa and MasterCard, while capitalizing on this new technology. Instead of verifying checks, we would provide local businesses a means to electronically process credit card payments. And thus, the Verifone payment device was born.
Now, Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 6,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together.
Job Title: Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer main responsibility is to assist in the smooth operation of Verifone’s PaaS business strategy, as part of a team providing point of contact for all production Payment Gateway support issues or technical questions. The role involves working closely with the Technical Helpdesk, Delivery teams and other technology providers to manage and resolve requests, incidents and problems escalated from the Helpdesk and IT Operations Center (ITOC)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supporting end-users in the functionality of Gateway applications and its components
· Provide timely operational support for production Gateway applications, including being part of an after-hours on-call support roster
· Manage, triage, prioritise, investigate and solve Gateway application related requests and incidents escalated from the Technical Helpdesk, ITOC or customers
· Work with internal Development teams when incidents or problems require configuration or code changes for resolution
· Understand application support requirements in regards todevelopment, acceptance testing, and change management
· Create and maintain appropriate documentation where required
Knowledge and Experience:
· Strong communication skills; both written and oral
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, working with and across multiple teams and geographies
· A high degree of self-motivation and be comfortable with working independently
· Desire to learn new technologies and concepts along with the ability to learn quickly; able to come up to speed quickly with in-house applications
· Be driven and motivated to success; proactive by nature
· Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
· A team player, who understands patience, determination, and persistence are the key ingredients to getting the job done
· Proven technical and analytical skills plus ability to influence internal stakeholders
· Proven ability to quickly and confidently build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external parties
· Experience in the Payments industry (or other real-time/mission critical industry), a plus
· Confident with Linux/Unix and the using the CLI; searching and editing files (vi/emacs), scripting/regex skills a bonus
· Good SQL skills, comfortable writing queries
· Skilled in analyzing, researching, understanding and resolving complex issues
· Experience in understanding bespoke applications in complex environments to resolve technical issues/problems
· Experience in performing changes to Production environments
· Provide timely operational support for specific applications, including rostered after-hours on-call support for production systems
· Familiar with ITIL methodology – particularly around Incident, Problem and Change Management
· Demonstrating a genuine commitment to continuous improvement
· Previous Operational support roles, a plus
· Experience with Splunk, AWS, & PCI environments, a plus
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://global.verifone.com/company/careers/