Director of Development - DFW Region
About Venterra Realty
We are a real estate investment company that achieves exceptional results through people, deep research and analytics, technology, and building strong relationships.
Founded in 2001, Venterra has over $3 billion AUM and generates an annual revenue of $300+ million. We own and operate approximately 70 multi-unit residential communities, representing nearly 20,000 units in the highest growth cities in the Southern United States. Over the past 20 years and through 3 economic cycles, we have achieved a 10% annual growth rate in our unit count. Venterra has corporate offices in both Houston and Toronto and employs approximately 700 people.
Venterra’s mission is to acquire, develop, and manage multi-family real estate assets that deliver superior cash flow and long-term appreciation for its investors while preserving capital.
Venterra’s commitment is to improve the lives of its residents by delivering an industry-leading customer experience. We are also committed to providing an employee experience that enables our people to flourish professionally and personally. Venterra has grown into a company that is paving a new way in the industry, where employees can make a difference, career growth is available, and where renters are provided an excellent living experience. This is essentially the Venterra Brand.
We're honored to have received numerous workplace recognitions including Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces for the past six years in a row and having been named a three-time Glassdoor Best Places to Work winner! Read about all of our awards and accolades here and click here for more on the Venterra Core Values.
We are currently seeking a Director of Development to join the Development team in originating, coordinating, and executing on the development of new construction multifamily projects in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
This position will be based in Dallas/Fort Worth and report directly to the VP of Development.
- Identify prospective development sites and present opportunities to the Investment Committee.
- Conduct feasibility analyses, including detailed analysis of the market, comps, financial feasibility, land use issues and project design.
- Prepare comprehensive financial models and feasibility presentations.
- Prepare Real Estate Investment packages for presentation to lenders and equity partners.
- Manage the entitlement process of development opportunities.
- Manage design coordination including architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, interior design, and related disciplines.
- Coordinate all approvals and permitting for projects.
- Responsible for financial and accounting functions for the project, including oversight of all project budgets, reviewing, and approving all invoices for projects, monthly draw preparation, and coordinating with corporate-level finance and accounting areas on the generation of periodic financial statements and reports.
- Stay abreast of market trends with regard to product design, product features, demographics and competitors’ activities, including maintaining a database of information relating to submarket development/construction pipeline data.
- Inherently a leader - values accomplishing results through and with people. Embodies the principles of servant leadership. Personifies high standards of excellence and is capable of encouraging others to embrace and achieve stretch objectives. People strive to achieve under their leadership and take pride in their accomplishments.
- Passionate about a career in Multifamily development. Thrives on making a difference and positively impacting the quality of communities and the lives of residents.
- Tech savvy. Recognizes where and how technology can expedite results.
- Sees work through the lens that continuous improvement and change is always possible. Is a source of new ideas. Seeks out opportunities and embraces change to improve results.
- Highly team oriented and not proprietary in their orientation. Works collaboratively across the organization to achieve partnerships not personal “stardom”.
- A lifelong learner. Intellectually curious and capable of seeking out, absorbing and interpreting information on a wide variety of topics, both within and outside the work context.
- Is personally impatient for progress and results.
- Self-confident; possesses the courage of his/her convictions but can candidly acknowledge personal mistakes. Is not arrogant. Has ego well in check. Is humble about his/her personal role in successes.
- Honest and open communicator. Has excellent interpersonal skills and relates well to a wide range of people.
- Hard working, “get it done” attitude; values a “roll up the sleeves” approach. Able to work longer hours when volume and deadlines dictate.
- Must have a minimum of five years of full-cycle development experience of multifamily projects in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- A robust package of Health (Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision), 401k matching, paid vacation benefits, and employer-paid Short-Term Disability, among other things
- Educational Assistance / Reimbursement to support your drive to learn
- Opportunity to grow within the development team
- Better Living program where you are incentivized to reach personal goals or participate in company-wide challenges
- 8 paid hours per year of Volunteer Time Off to serve the organization(s) of your choice
- Access to thousands of employee discounts with BenefitHub