Maintenance Manager - The Retreat
Founded in 2001, at Venterra, we own and manage apartment communities in 11 major US cities that provide housing to over 35,000 people and 11,000 pets. We are committed to improving the lives of our residents by delivering an industry-leading customer experience. Find out more about us at Venterra.com and read employee reviews on our company Glassdoor page!
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic company culture where you can apply your passion for helping others and a desire to create a strong maintenance team in a fast-paced environment, Venterra has an excellent property management career opportunity for you as a customer service-oriented full-time Maintenance Manager for The Retreat in Richmond, Texas.
This role will require EPA Universal or Type II HVAC certification, previous industry experience, rotating on-call availability, effective verbal and written communication skills with residents and team members, and on-call availability.
We’re honored to have received numerous workplace recognitions including Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces for the past six years in a row and having been named a three-time Glassdoor Best Places to Work winner! Read about all of our awards and accolades here!
Our Maintenance Managers provide quality service to our residents, supervise our maintenance teams, and are responsible for prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring daily maintenance activities, as well as overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventative maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for their community. They maintain an adequate inventory of supplies for repairs and operate within budgeted amounts, making good financial decisions.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a true passion for helping others and enjoy interacting with people
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no day is ever the same
- Enjoy problem-solving and finding unique solutions to complex problems
- Are resourceful, focused on the details, have a sense of urgency, take pride in getting results, and strive to "raise the bar" through continuous coaching
- Enjoy being in a position that allows you to use your technical, communication, and computer skills
- Have a desire to create a strong team and a positive work environment
- Have strong personal values and want to work for a values-based company
Come join a team where you have unlimited training and growth potential, a great benefits package, and can WOW your customers & team members in a diverse workplace that is driven by our core values.
Know someone who would be perfect for a role with us? Refer them to us and you could be $500 richer!
COVID-19 has created some big changes in all of our daily lives, and we’ve made a number of significant changes to our operations, but at the end of the day, we’re still in the people business, and people will always deserve an amazing place to call home. So, while the way we’re doing business has changed, we’re still hiring across the Venterra portfolio!