Senior Analyst, Underwriting - Houston Corporate
Venterra Realty is a rapidly growing owner/operator of multi-family apartments with approximately 70 apartment communities across 13 major US cities. We’re honored that over 40,000 people and more than 12,000 pets call Venterra “home”! We have completed over $7.2 billion in transactions and manage a current portfolio of approximately $4.0 billion. Our current annual revenues are approximately $300M which we achieve through the commitment and dedication of over 600 team members.
Founded in 2001, we are committed to improving the lives of our residents by delivering an industry-leading customer experience. Find out more about us at Venterra.com and read employee reviews on our company Glassdoor page!
We’re honored to have received numerous workplace recognitions including Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces for the past six years in a row and to have been named a four-time Glassdoor Best Places to Work winner! Read about all of our awards and accolades here!We are looking for people who:
- Have strong personal values and want to work for a values-based company
- Are ambitious and hardworking with exceptionally high personal standards
- Embrace problem-solving and learning new skills
- Thrive in a rapidly changing and high growth environment
- Are passionate about driving continuous improvements and the use of technology with data to drive business results
Our ideal Senior Underwriter will be responsible for evaluating and modeling Multifamily Real Estate opportunities by identifying risks, creating mitigants, and structuring alternatives. The position requires close cooperation and coordination in working with other team members across all disciplines of the organization.
- Analyze acquisition and development opportunities in retail, multi-family, industrial, shared-space, commercial office, and other real estate asset classes by conducting the following (but not limited to):
- Conducting market research, site inspections, and due diligence gathering to support underwriting conclusions.
- Performing financial statement analysis, financial modeling, and equity valuation
- Compile market research from various vendors and public information.
- Prepare for acquisition closing by reviewing the due diligence that’s been received for the transaction and ensure you have all necessary items to move forward
- Prepare preliminary investment committee packages during the pre-pursuit phase as well as completion of in-depth approval packages for final signature authorities.
- Provide training and mentoring internally to other underwriters on the team.
- Provide necessary support and direction during all phases of the assets’ lifecycle from acquisition through the development, asset management, and possible disposition of an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, or related field required
- MBA, CFA, or MRED preferred
- 5+ years of underwriting experience with various real estate products including office, multifamily, retail, etc.
- Proficient in Excel Modeling and Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate and lead effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Exceptional judgment and decision making skills, with proven technical skills in underwriting, structuring, and closing complex deals
- Ability to work independently with strong project management skills, excellent accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Competitive Base Salary and performance bonus
- A robust package of Health (Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision), 401k matching, paid vacation benefits, and employer-paid Short Term Disability, among other things
- Educational Assistance / Reimbursement to support your drive to learn
- Opportunity to grow within the acquisitions/growth teams, operations, and corporate office
- Better Living program where you are incentivized to reach personal goals or participate in company-wide challenges
- Quarterly Lifelong Learning Challenges to support your professional growth in ways that are meaningful to you
- 8 paid hours per year of Volunteer Time Off to serve the organization(s) of your choice
- Free enrollment into the Dave Ramsey SmartDollar financial wellness program, including the EveryDollar budgeting app
- Access to thousands of employee discounts with BenefitHub
Know someone who would be perfect for a role with us? Refer them to us for their job search and you could be $250 richer!