Board Certified Behavior Analyst (Part-Time for 2021-2022)
Valor Collegiate Academies is hiring an experienced part-time Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will serve students at our two middle schools and high school.
The BCBA will be responsible for all 1-1 services, group services, BIP (Behavior Intervention plans), Safety Plan consultation, FBA (Functional Behavior Assessments), and staff training at both middle schools and the high school. Additionally, they will assist with the behavior RTI process and IEP meetings when necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assesses students' functional capabilities and home and/or classroom environment for the purpose of determining student's functional level and developing recommendations and/or placement.
- Assists other staff for the purpose of developing and applying student monitoring systems and designing academic and behavioral interventions.
- Consults/collaborates with all specialists (e.g., occupational and physical therapist, speech language pathologists, special education teachers, etc.) for the purpose of creating and delivering student supports.
- Compiles information from a variety of sources (e.g. administrators, teachers, nurse, parents, mental health agencies, other professionals, etc.) for the purpose of producing a comprehensive screening/ evaluation report in compliance with established guidelines.
- Consults with teachers, parents, and/or other outside personnel or professionals for the purpose of providing requested information, developing plans for services and/or making recommendations.
- Coordinates with school staff to implement school wide program development and program evaluation (e.g. BIP data collection) for the purpose of ensuring effective programs to assist children who experience physical, mental, social and emotional difficulties.
- Available to consult with students, parents and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success in school.
- Helps students for the purpose of creating smooth transitions to and from school and community learning environments.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Promotes school policies and practices for the purpose of ensuring the safety of all students by reducing school violence, bullying and harassment.
- Researches resources and methods (e.g. intervention, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of determining the appropriate approach for addressing students' functional goals
- Conduct and complete FBA/BIP to ensure appropriate data can be collected
- Communicates with team to ensure that plan is being carried out appropriately
- Consults with teachers to ensure best practices are being implemented inside of the classroom
- Participates in weekly faculty Circles on Wednesdays from 4-5pm
- Must be currently certified as a BCBA with the Behavior Analytic Certification Board
- Must have minimum 2 years of experience in ABA therapy
- Must have Master’s degree or higher
- Deep understanding of current best practices in ABA
- A demonstrated track record of meeting high expectations and accomplishing goals even in the face of obstacles
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines, with the ability to efficiently and effectively complete tasks
- A history of working well as part of a team, with a strong “whatever it takes” orientation
Our hiring process is both an opportunity for us to determine whether you are a good fit for Valor and an opportunity for you to decide whether Valor is the right fit for you. Here is what you can expect in the process for this role:
- Resume Review
- Phone Interview with Valor's Talent Team
- Interview with Valor school leaders
- Reference Checks
- Offer extension
WHO WE ARE
Valor Collegiate Academies is the top-performing charter school network with a mission to empower our diverse community to live inspired and purposeful lives. Our scholars will graduate with academic skills, social-emotional skills, and positive character strengths that rival the outcomes of the best schools in the world.
At Valor, we believe that we can have the greatest impact on our community by committing to 4 key organizational anchors:
- Top 1% Academics: We are passionate about meeting every scholar where they are – whether that is behind or above grade level – and supporting them to grow and excel. We define Top 1% Academics to mean that we strive to be in the top 5% in the State of TN for both student achievement and growth every year. In recognition for outstanding student success in achievement and growth, all three Valor schools were recognized as Reward Schools in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Powered by Compass: We believe that in order to live inspired and purposeful lives we must focus on comprehensive human development. The Valor Compass, our nationally recognized comprehensive human development program, is designed to help scholars develop their sharp minds as they strengthen their big hearts.
- Thrive in a Diverse World: Valor was founded upon the belief that having a truly diverse community of families and learners in a thoughtfully designed model allows for everyone to have a higher quality and more meaningful experience. It’s important for our students to be served by exceptional teachers who are as diverse as they are, and we are deeply committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of educators.
- Built to Last: We believe that being built-to-last means to have strong, long-term operational infrastructure. This is largely driven in part by having talented people, and keeping that talent at Valor. We believe in making the work we do sustainable, by providing our faculty high quality coaching, development, and support.
- Valor offers a competitive salary that is determined based on prior professional experience