To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Shenandoah Memorial Hospital
- Shift: Night
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
Medical Technologists are professional health caregivers who constantly seek performance improvement in all areas of Laboratory analysis. He/she will interact and service all age groups including neonatal, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. They must be proficient in phlebotomy for the groups (if applicable). All technicians and technologists are generalists and must be able to perform automated and manual testing in Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Microbiology, and Serology. They must have the ability to perform instrument maintenance and be competent to interpret calibrations and QC. They must be able to prioritize work and maintain a professional demeanor under stress.
What You Will Bring:
Bachelors in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
Certification & Licensures
West Virginia DHHR Clinical Laboratory Practitioner License if applicable
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved within six months of employment, updated annually (if applicable)
• Demonstrates knowledge/competence in providing service to patients of all ages including: neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric • Demonstrates knowledge/competence in the performance of diagnostic testing applying The Joint Commission patient safety practices in all aspects of patient care • Ability to consistently pay attention to detail while maintaining quality and productivity required • Ability to prioritize work and situational professional demands required • Professional demeanor and communication, both verbal and written, when under stress required • Professional and respectful interaction in all situations with patients, physicians and employees required
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
17 A Medical Technician/Other Technicians/Assistants