Director, Advanced Practice Provider Primary Care and Medical Specialty
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Valley Health Medical Group (VHMG)
- Shift: Rotating
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The Director of Advanced Practice Provider, Primary Care and Medical Specialty, is responsible for developing and maintaining Valley Health (VH) policies, procedures, and practices with regard to all Advanced Practice Nurses, Physician Assistants, and other Advanced Practice Clinicians. The Director is the leader responsible for advancing quality, safety, and patient experience as these success factors relate to APPs in our clinical teams and advancing adherence to exceptional clinical standards. This work would involve leading VH in the development of standard work regarding onboarding and training, bylaws and medical staff affairs, regulatory compliance and compensation issues for employed APPs and supporting VH medical staffs and trustees in ensuring competence and compliance of independently practicing APPs. The Director will allocate 60% of their time toward clinical practice as part of the Valley Health Medical Group (VHMG).
Responsibilities and Duties
• VH in compliance with all regulatory issues applicable to APPs in all health care settings employed by VH. • Designs processes to ensure that all employed APPs have accurately enacted collaborative and supervisory documents in compliance with Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland law. • Ensures that practice agreements and supervisory agreements remain up to date and that monitors adherence for employed APPs. • Monitors new legislation and legislative guidance regarding APPs to ensure compliance and strategic alignment with evolving regulations.
• Builds and maintains relationships with the practicing APP workforce. • Engages APPs through routine and regular leadership rounding. • Facilitates bidirectional communication between APP workforce and administration. • Advocates and promotes APP practice to Valley Heath and the Medical Group. • Partners with system leaders in APP workforce planning. • Develops and manages initiatives to standardize onboarding and training of new APP graduates and other APPs who wish to practice in a new specialty in a VH employed setting. • Ensures adherence to Service Excellence standards and provision of outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers. Promotes attention to and improvement in customer service surveys. • Partners with collaborating and supervising physicians to ensure appropriate educational content and document achievements necessary for onboarding in a VH employed setting. • Creates and coordinates academic partnerships and APP student placements. • Works with VH leadership to develop policies that honor top of license work in a high-quality framework to support APP practice.
• With the Chief Physician Executive, leads a process to establish, enact, and monitor a standard APP compensation strategy that values quality of care, patient satisfaction, productivity, and operational co-management principles through monetary incentives. • Responsible for being the primary liaison to recruitment and operations regarding contracting with APPs. • Collaborates with APPs and their physician/team leads on issues related to APP Employment contracts.
• Develops plans to enhance patient outcomes through outstanding collaboration with physicians and other stakeholders. • Leverages management engineering tools and strategies to drive improvement in care and enhanced value through standard work. • Supports the VPMAs in the development of OPPE and FPPE tools for ongoing audit of APP competence in the inpatient setting for all APP who are credentialed by VH entities. • Researches best practices and evolving industry trends to effectively inform and design strategic and operational plans regarding APPs. • Uses appropriate computer applications and databases to facilitate data-based decisions. • Provides oversight of quality audits intended to ensure appropriate onboarding and training for all employed APPs.
VH APP Infrastructure
• Supports VH quality and peer review committees (ad hoc or as assigned) in understanding and ensuring the standard of care for APPs in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. • Provides support for VH entity medical staffs to strengthen language in the bylaws to support the successful deployment of APPs in appropriate roles. • Coordinates and leads educational opportunities for both employed and independent APPs that are material to the development of this workforce.
• Positively impacts change by establishing and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with all levels of management, staff, providers and key internal and external stakeholders. • Uses appropriate performance and analytical tools and techniques to achieve desired outcomes. • Appropriately identifies and uses benchmarks and best practices. • Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
Master's degree in Healthcare Management or Education preferred.
APP degree (PA or APN) required.
(5) years of experience of progressive responsibility in health care leadership is required.
Currently working in primary care or medical specialty setting,
Outstanding leadership skills required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong project management, data analysis, interpretation and reporting skills required.
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
3 A Administration