Advanced Practice Clinician
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Valley Health Medical Group (VHMG)
- Shift: Day
The NP/PA on the Acute Care Emergency Surgery Services (ACCESS) team will be primarily responsible for evaluation and management of patients that are referred for services in the inpatient setting. The NP/PA will conduct rounds and consults on all ACCESS cases and assist in the outpatient ACCESS surgery office practice. This position does require rotating weekend rounding coverage with the rest of the ACCESS team.
• Collaborative, Consensus Building and Team-Focused mindset. Good listener, deliberative but decisive.
• Familiar with evidence-based, best-practice models in general surgery care delivery
• Working knowledge of the general surgery associated pharmacologic agents
• Efficiency with performing perioperative care in the ICU, Step Down and regular surgical floor settings
• Competency with complete patient evaluations, including consultations and History/Physicals
• Ability to work collegially with multiple general surgeons
Graduate of a nationally accredited school of nursing with Bachelors in nursing and Master’s Degree in advanced practice nursing.
Graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on the Education of Physician Assistants (ARC-PA)
1 year of experience in Acute Care is strongly preferred. Previous practice/office management in primary care or hospital-based service line preferred. Will consider new graduates.
Certification & Licensures
NP board certified as an Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care or a Family Nurse Practitioner with inpatient RN experience.
Board Certified as Physician Assistant with National Commission on Certification of PAs (NCCPA)
Licensed to practice as NP or PA in the State of Virginia required.
If NP, Registered Nurse with current licensure in the State of Virginia required.
Licensed to prescribe medication in the State of Virginia.
Possesses and maintains an unrestricted DEA license to prescribe in Virginia, schedule II and below
Maintains and provides proof of CME requirements as put forth by the Virginia Board of Medicine or Nursing (as applicable). Maintenance of certification is necessary
* New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
Must be thoroughly familiar with the principles and practice of a PA or NP. Must have a general knowledge of the operation and administration of a clinical practice.
Computer skills. (i.e., software applications for documentation, data collection, and outcome measurement).
Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development.
Competent to provide assessment, care and treatment appropriate to the age group of patients served.
Must successfully complete orientation competencies, if applicable, as determined by hospital credentialing body.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
16 B Advanced Practice Clinician